1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r And Bayliss Owners Advice Needed

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ducatidude1098r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. When I die, I intend to be buried with it !

2. I actually put both bikes up for sale and was surprised to see what price they were listed for, it wasn't what I was expecting and I thought they were way too expensive.

Anyway, it worked well as they didn't sell and they are now back with me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. out of interest - what do they charge to sell your bike/?

4. Well, I indicated that I might be interested in a Desmo, if I had gone for that £2k per bike as commission.

As I said, no problems in dealing with them. However, if I really wanted to sell one of my bikes I'd go to my dealer who'd sell them for me. The price wouldn't be as high but he would get them sold !

5. Another 1098R owner here too, the previous rider was a bit quicker than me..

IMG_5480 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Is that the one from JHP?
    What's with the double clutch reservoirs? Has it got a thumb brake?

7. Yes, JHP built the bike and raced it in 2008 and won the superstock class. Thumb brake as well as many other trick bits. The bike is a beast and quite scary !

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I agree...just did my second full track day on my "standard" 1098R and, in the words of @Android853sp , it is extremely bitey! Takes a bit of recalibration to get used to and I have to admit, I haven't fully adjusted to it yet!
    Nice bike.
    R

• Like Like x 1
  9. @darko This is a strange request, but what does your dash say on turning the ignition on?

10. They are great bikes, end of an era really. The dash says some weird stuff I'll check tomorrow

11. I'd love a1098R for the track, but the way electronics have come on, even in the last couple of years, between models, I think a 959 or 1299s will be easier for me to get on with :hushed::blush:

12. Oooooh, look at her!

13. Know your limits, Ricky! Tbh, my other track bikes are so fkkin hard (for me) to ride properly, I just want something easier for a bit !

14. Great advice Mr Dave...I think I have found my limits!
    Can I sue the track day organisers based on their name...because in my case, it's not true, I have limits...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Do you still have your little kit R?

16. Indeed I do. Pourquoi, ma amie?

17. We've discussed them in the past :wink:

18. ...and that's mon ami to you old fruit!

• Like Like x 1
  19. The rawness without electronic intervention is what I like about my 1098R. It's an animal to ride, but utterly enjoyable.

I don't know anybody that has a bad word for the 1098R

• Like Like x 2
  20. Add me to the list - Xmas in July awesome !!
    Just need to get onto the Ducati track day at the ring now - anyone know an in other than the website wait list ?

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information