1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r And Bayliss Owners Advice Needed

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ducatidude1098r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Yeah, I saw it on here Andy. I was just wondering if it was anyone on here that bought in the end.

2. That reminds me, got to ask @Chris if anyone has updated the Forum 1098R club membership list. Must be getting near 25 by now. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. haven't looked for a while Andy, hopefully us talking about it like this will act as a flag for anyone I've missed out.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I can't remember if that arrived in December or early new year. Nice bike but a couple of issues if you are collecting. Non standard rear sets, levers and front brake and clutch reservoirs without the originals being available and the nose cone has a (repairable) scratch on one side. Comes with a full Akrapovic titanium 70mm system and I believe the original system might be available. It's been loved, the wheels are immaculate, not a mark. Andy

5. i like the sound of a 20L alloy fuel tank on that 1098r :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JHP Coventry have a customers low mileage (I think it's under 500 miles) in their workshop which may be coming up for sale at 20k.

7. That's a £6000 increase in 3 years, a similar one then at a dealers with 700 mile was up at £14,000

8. It would be interesting to see the prices these bikes (all of the R / SPS type bikes) are actually achieving as opposed to the advertised prices. We've seen an awful lot of over optimistic advertising lately imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Don't think Ducati Dealers will accept much less than asking price as it's a bit of interest for the show room, and in turn this pushes the prices. I wouldn't be surprised if they are £20K to £25K average in another 2 or 3 years as people buying now won't let them go.

10. Cool, my 1098R is in for a service today. I've just received a mail saying everyting is ok with the bike, but he's asked if I can call in. Maybe he has a cheque for £25k. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. My Exige has continued to climb - thought it was worth nearly £30k from when I checked prices last year. One just sold with similar mileage, same colour @ £35K :D but they did only build 586 of them :)

12. They are only asking you to come in to give you the bill. You'll need someone to hold onto you to stop you falling over :upyeah:. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. My friend at work has a Sagaris, I couldn't believe it when he tells me how much it has appreciated. :Wideyed: TVR going to the wall was the best thing that ever happened to him.

14. Must have been talking to Ducati Manchester who have a 0 mile Bayliss up for £34995. Both unrealistic prices so I wouldn't expect many people to be beating a path to their door. I know MR recently sold a red 1098R for £15995 but the current one seems not to be generating that much interest (apart from the dreamers wanting to pay thrupence ha'penny). If the Coventry guy wants to sell, IMO he needs to be looking at £17000 maybe £17500 tops at a push. Andy

15. [/QUOTE]
    That's brilliant Chris, a big thank you. I wasn't far off with my guess at 25. Andy

16. Thanks Andy, in fact I only changed the date on the list as details were unchanged since mid summer last year. The listed resided on page 7 of this thread up until today and I had left it there on purpose as some owners might not want to draw attention to ownership. I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on this, and of course will delete details as necessary.

17. Yes I spoke to a salesman in December about it. Must be 2 months now and still for sale......

18. "That's brilliant Chris, a big thank you. I wasn't far off with my guess at 25. Andy"

I can be number 25 for you with my Bayliss

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. @Chris can you add me to that list please ... just popped into MR for something else and that 1098R has been sold! Anyone on here??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information