1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r And Bayliss Owners Advice Needed

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ducatidude1098r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Where? :Woot:

2. It has all unravelled unfortunately :expressionless:

I'm no quitter though and will be back on the case of trying to drum up some support for an alternate Lincolnshire owners visit to your neck of the woods in the not too distant future :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Next time check if you are free first perhaps :Facepalm::Finger::D:Cigar:

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. :Stop:

I was free, just made the school boy error of not informing SWMBO of my plans which then resulted in her making an alternative booking in our calendar :Sorry: :Eggonface: :Meh:

However, El T has made an effort to rescue the day and make the effort to come across to Gods County for a ride out instead :Happy: whilst your recovering and feeling rather :Hungover: instead

You may have escaped and got off lightly this time but I will make it up there to relieve your pockets of a few fags sooner or later :Mooning:

:Writing:..... Note to self, coincidently forget fags when meeting @Exige for the first time

5. @bettes

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Yes, he has few friends :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm having a moment so forgive this very basic question. What do the 1098R's front and rear wheel speed sensors pick up on ? I was expecting to see something like the Multistrada's 6" diameter pierced ring but I've got nothing and nothing is shown on the parts list. Is it as simple as seeing the buttons on the disc carrier ? Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Got it in one :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. £118 to add to current policy for 6 weeks! Can take out a new policy on the 23rd April within a month of renewal and add then for no charges and that will run for 13 months with 6 years no claims instead of 5 - madness, guess I'm waiting 20 days :Nailbiting:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. That one seems quite tidy, surprised it's not gone as it's been up a few weeks at least... finally got mine registered a few weeks back and serviced yesterday ☺ what machines these things are!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Well done frazzle, looks like it was worth the wait then.

12. Thanks Chris, definitely worth the wait, I've only ridden it to MR to get it serviced so far but It's brilliant.. a proper Duc and worth every penny... looking forward to having a proper ride on it this weekend... Hope you are well! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm guessing that was yours I saw yesterday sitting in the afternoon sun :D. Nice, Andy

14. Cheers Andy, yep that be the one, really pleased with it... got some lightech rearsets and CRC levers to go on it and then I'll leave it alone! Need to sell the 1199 before I can look at anything else..... the guys in MR mentioned the 70MM exhaust, but apparently hard to get hold of...??

15. How deep are your pockets ? Being a 1198cc engine, it's not the same 70mm system headers as the 848/1098. If you can't find a specific 1098R, subject to corroboration, the 1198 70mm system should fit fine. Few and far between but out there if you are patient and it looks better with the slash cut end cans. Andy

16. Yeah not in any hurry tbh, if one comes up I'd possibly be interested but got a wedding coming up so funds are nil at the moment..will just enjoy it as is for now, will definitely look at slash cuts after the 1199 gets sold though as they look fantastic

17. One benefit of the 70mm system is the BSB Superstock 1000 ECU map with 192bhp :D. Andy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information