1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r - My Little Story...

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Exige, Feb 6, 2017.

1. thats the only down side to my 1198 60 mile fuel range :Banghead:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Now that would be futile :D

3. SPS for 12 plus that 1198 to me for 5 and you can buy your own R ;) :Angelic:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. More man maths going on there :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stop it. :Arghh: The BST's for the Desmo haven't even arrived yet and I'm being tempted with another big purchase. :Nailbiting:

6. BST's they would look nice :Nailbiting:

• Like Like x 1
  7. You can use the next 5 gears up in the box you know ! :Wideyed:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Ya never know Cooky you might even find an original unmolested one :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Well, as you know Stu, they were on my 1098R when I bought it and yeah they are great and look the part.

I've really come around to the standard gold wheels of the 'R' since though. Aesthetically, it wouldn't bother me which ones I had on, but the BST's do offer an unsprung weight advantage. I still have the new set off my bike if I decide to change or put back to standard.

One thing I've noticed about the 1098R. The mods done to these bikes by the owners seem to be tasteful and practical. Not an anodized bolt or coloured screen in sight. :) You've joined the "Classy Club" :D

IMG_3802.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  10. None of that stuff in my stable anyhoo :upyeah:

11. Good lad. :upyeah:

12. Rob, did you do a weight comparison between the 2 sets of wheels ? The stock 1098R Marchesini wheels are ridiculously light. Andy

13. I know, the BST's are ridiculously lighterer. :) Anyway, no as they have different tyres on them and my OEM front doesn't have the discs on etc. There is some information somewhere on the web.

14. He can't ride :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  15. You can but only your Scramblie :D

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  16. Love that bike. Had the S but never able to afford the R. The S was fantastic so sure you will have a brilliant time on the R.

Regards Steve

17. @bradders not a bad idea other than the 1198 for 5k :tearsofjoy:. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cooky on a 1098R :Hungry:

• Like Like x 1
  18. And it's nice to know the previous owner was an enthusiast on the forum so you know how well it was cared for :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Do you need any starter leads I know a man...... :D

Looks stunning hex

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Looks absolutely stunning; congrats Exige!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information