1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098r Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Robarano, Aug 29, 2015.

1. The new 1098R project. Has spent most of it's life as a track day toy, I'm now going to make it a pampered (fast) road bike.

Has some nice bitz 'n' bobz on it.
    191BHP @ the rear wheel, that should hit the spot :)
    BST carbon wheels
    70mm full Termi slash cut system (the only bike I've heard that comes close to the Desmo)
    NOVA race gearbox c/w quick shift and race pattern change
    Nemesis traction control
    Ohlins 30mm internals
    and more.....

1st thing is a strip down and clean, then to build it back up with standard bodywork etc.

Pics to follow as I go.

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3461.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

Dyno1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. ...

IMG_3428.JPG

IMG_3427.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

IMG_3466.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  3. very nice! Can you please de smudge your dyno graph picture. I've just spent 5 minutes trying to clean my phone screen. Doh... :Wacky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Very nice indeed

5. Very nice.

6. Lovely...I was wondering who bought that beauty from Jersey/Guernsey. Had my eye on it too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon getting it ready to clean all the nooks and crannies.

Do I polish the exhaust system or not?

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

8. lovely shed - wish I had one like that :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  9. If I were you I'd just get road tyres and a day time MOT and good to go. Be a much cooler/more interesting bike and save time/money on converting it all back to standard bodywork.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. If you want to sell those wheels I'd be interested matey!!

11. I need a R to projectatize :(

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ceramic coated exhausts. Once polished they do look good but the rear manifold will soon get manked up and very quickly. Saw some a while ago ceramic coated and he'd done the slash cut end caps as well. I see if I can find the photo.

13. image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not sure about polished pipes... I was thinking of doing mine but I've gone off the idea. Makes them look a bit chromey which doesn't fit in with the rest of the bike. I quite like the natural bronzey colouration.
    Do like the ceramic finish though. Wrapped would look cool as well but a bit of a nightmare to do on a system like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Polish. All the way.

16. I've had a few people ask about the Termi's and wheels. I intend to keep them on the bike.

17. Time.......I like getting my fingernails dirty. I don't have a classic bike to mess about with at the moment, this this is scratching an itch I have.

Money.......I have all of the original parts from the bike. Apart from tyres and a few missing bolts, I'm good to go. :) I do want to change a few things, but that's just personal preference.

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3479.JPG

#19 Robarano, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  18. Entirely up to you then. Lol just in case you weren't aware as some people think you need lights and indicators for an MOT. My RSV track bike doesn't and is properly street legal with an MOT.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information