1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r - Proper Excited!!!

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by frazzle, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Well I guess the title says it all....... I've never been as excited about a bike as this... it arrived Monday... she's been in my garage since being dropped off and I've not even sneaked a peek due to work commitments an also having no power in the garage!

Seeing as Its not registered I can't even ride it but did manage to have a pootle down the road for its MOT today.. (which it failed..more on that in a sec)... what a machine! this is what I missed (Love the Pani, but I find it very un Ducati like in it's behaviour compared to how I remembered my old Duc's...) .. and this is my first "R" so am like a kid in a sweetshop...so please excuse the gushiness!!

MOT failed on Termis being stamped not for road use (doh!!, hadn't seen that so will slap on the other ones that it came with and also the font indicators don't work!.. looks like the left one is unplugged but has the connector part missing... (I know probably should have checked all this before!!).. how do I fix that?? I'm no sparky so not got a clue.. any ideas?? do I need them for an MOT? could just take them off as I know you don't need mirrors...

Anyway, here's a couple of pics.. she's a beaut!!

As far as I can see it's standard apart from a DP Slipper clutch...so no tinkering done which is nice and it'll probably be the first bike I won't spend a fortune on buying shiny bits for..... well maybe some rearsets ;-)

DSC_5961.JPG

DSC_5951.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  2. I really want a 1098R. Looks great. Where did it come from?

3. Thanks, it came from Italy, it's only done 2.8k Kilometres so bugger all really.. can't wait to get it registered so can actually have a proper ride on it.. it was on ebay and I got it from Matthew @DucatiWorx.. really nice bloke and very helpful..

4. Excellent, you'll love it, they're mad things and the last hairy chested Ducati imo.

Lovely looking bike. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes I remember seeeing it for sale along with some other nice stuff he has too.

6. Nice bike Sir.... With regards to the indicators,,, yes they have to work on bikes produced after a certain year (year escapes me) and there's a harness fitted for them...

What part/connector is missing? assuming there's one on the Indicator/Mirror fitting and one on the harness?

7. Thanks, the connector part would probably be better explained in a pic, I'll get one tomorrow in the light, but looks like a standard type clip in one that most bikes have into another one in the harness (sorry I'm a bit special at explaining things I don't know much about..) but looks as though the wires have had electrical tape around them possibly to the harness connector I'm thinking... will have a root around tomorrow and take pics if I can't work it out... (which is highly likely :flushed:)

8. Why would someone disconnect indicators? Has it been wearing some track fairings you think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Possibly, but you have to disconnect them every time you remove the nose cone, and you have to do that for a multitude of tasks. I've plugged mine back in before to find one of them not working.

10. Possibly... as there is not mark on it... doesn't bother me as that is what they are built for, I'm thinking it will be a easy fix hopefully.. from what the MOT chap showed me there were two cables coming from the indicator that would usually have a clip on them to go into the harness via anther clip.. they have leccy tape on so am guessing it's just been pulled out by accident at some point..

11. I'm not far from you being just the just the other side of Winchester and more than happy to drop by. Had most of the body work off to add things so have a bit of experience. The scariest thing I found is just how easy the bike is to ride quickly, it goes exactly where you are looking. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thanks Ricky, exactly what I was scouring the web for.... will see if I can sort it tomorrow if not I'll likely get a new one, can't be hard to fit!.. this bike is defo not seeing salty roads that's what the gixxer is for :thumbsup:

13. Thanks Andy, you may well live to regret that offer :grinning:, I'll take a look at it properly tomorrow and may well drop you a line if I can't sort it... wouldn't normally be in a rush seeing as the weather is a bit rubbish at the mo but unless I get it registered within the next 3.5 weeks my insurance on it becomes void apparently...(although I reckon they'll extend it if I tell them I'm just waiting for the paperwork back). Cheers, Phil

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. You may want to talk to @Chris about registering an imported 1098R....

15. Yes, up for that, if help needed. It's all about the certificate of conformity/best to get the ball rolling as soon as possible so you'll be just right for next summer.

16. You could have covered the 'not for road use' with a piece of tape. The tester is not allowed to remove it.

17. Bit confused about the CoC, can't see why it would need one if it's already been registered in the EU, was told I wouldn't need one but website seems to say otherwise... did you get one for yours? did you go to Ducati directly or use one of the online ones??? Hangover is subsiding now so off to the Garage to tinker and see about these indicators first...

18. I imported my 1098R from Jersey and the registration process is pretty painless.

I can't help on the CoC though as my bike was originally registered in the UK and imported back after many years, supplying the original registration details to the DVLA meant I didn't need a CoC.

Importing vehicles into the UK - GOV.UK

• Like Like x 1
  19. Titanium cans back on, dash now set for UK and have ordered the connectors for the indicators... both have had the connection bits taken off from the loom end, no dramas will try to fit them myself on Tuesday when they should get here if not I'll get the chaps at crescent to do it when they MOT it.... happy days.... going to get CoC anyway as it doesn't cost the earth, fingers crossed I'll have plates on it by new year so I can have an xmas run!! :fist:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information