1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100s Rear Plate Hanger...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by t965m, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Two bolts? Only one that I can see - I'll take some better photos when I get home tonight and post them :)

2. Nice if you can - the more pics ive got the better....

3. No pics this evening - i tried to remove the OEM tail tidy but sadly my mate 'helped' me when we noticed a couple of the bolts were loose on it two weeks ago - so he got out his threadlock which we applied to fresh new stainless allen head bolts!! Fekkin industrial threadlock isn't it and now i can't get them out - just managed one out and rounded two of the others ffs!!! :Nailbiting::Arghh::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

He just confirmed with me - yeah its industrial threadlock! He works on heavy plant eq

#43 Lazza, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  4. Are these any good?

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

5. Yep... That's the same mount point as mine... Ok.. Think I've got what I need... Next is a trip to the fabricator on the hyper for him to take a look...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

6. Ok finally got it apart and some pics!

IMG_1519.JPG

Hanger is attached to those two bolts at rear

image.jpg

Like so!

7. Right....never noticed those there on mine....ill take a look tonight....im not on the hyper today....totally forgot i had to go into see the fabricator but i can go on monday night....

Question is, is i can go from either mount point (either the 2 further back or, the two that yours bolts to...) I'd say use the ones further back as I could incorporate a bit of mudguard into it... Just a thought...

8. Got some sheet stainless from the fabricator so I can get a rough mock up. Now, going back to your pic and mount point I think I'm going to go from the lower, wider two points as the cover I've got covers the upper 2 so I want to make it so it goes on as many as possible. This will also double up and act as a bit of mudguard to stop all the crud getting up in side.... When I've got something I'll take some pics the you can either go with what I've got or make some suggestions.... All ok with that?

9. Hi @comfysofa I don't want u to go to great lengths on my account - yet!
    I have managed to extract the bracket from the plastic sheath that is the OEM tail tidy - the one in the second pic - it's basically the bracket u can see plus a bit of 'U' shaped steel and 2-3inches in length - I was going to make a bracket to attach to it to make a tail tidy. It seemed simple to do.

I have a Perspex sheet underneath that protects most of it from crud - must've come with the single exhaust set up.

Sadly I'm away with work all week so can't post any more pics til wkend. The bit I need a mudguard for is forward of the two wide bolts u mention to the battery carrier - tricky shape to work out I think. I was going to make a cardboard mock up of what I need but I'm away again!

10. IMG_1517.JPG
    For reference

11. I've got enough stainless to do the mudguard the other way too.... If I'm going to do it I'll do it properly. If this works the way I think it'll fit mine too and I can get rid of the crappy job I've got on mine at the moment...

12. Fair enough! Look forward to seeing what u come up with!

13. What back end have u got on yours?? It's the Pramac copy is it the integrated tail light into the carbon sides? Pics pls!!

14. Yeah... See, those two bolts sticking downwards I don't have on mine (in that they're covered... I'm assuming that other people might have aftermarket rear body work so those will be covered in most cases (like mine) so if go from the bottom 2 all the way up then it'll give some protection.

15. Pic??

16. Yes I was looking at those from that Italian website £500 is a bit steep tho!

17. Yep... Mines the pramac rear end... Its all one piece and slides over the rear hence me trying to make something that fits all different aftermarket rear ends.

18. OK. Got something knocked up for the fabricator...got some photos but it looks like as knife and fork job but its just so the fabricator can see what I want....I'll add them in a bit...I did do it in 2 halves but, when I bolted it onto the subframe I realized it could be made out of one piece...
    IMG_20161119_170009.jpg

Looks shit but it'll be folded on a machine with the edges rounded... Just gives him an idea of angles...

#58 comfysofa, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  19. IMG_1534.JPG
    IMG_1533.JPG

This is what the OEM tail hanger attaches to - I'm looking to make a plate / bracket to attach to the two captive nuts on the end of this to hold the no plate, think it should be simple enough. Not planning on moving indicators.

Hope your under thing turns out good! Hard to tell from previous pic.

20. My plate will end up just by that nut there in your pic... The indicators will bolt to plate. The tail tidy will head down the other way to double up as a mudguard.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information