1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198 Sp

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Mr Tea, Feb 28, 2017.

1. being a bit new I wasn't really sure what one was , now I've noticed 3 for sale over the last few weeks on that auction website .
    The last one finished at just under 9k , this one is up for about £11k .

Are they a cross between the 1098r and the 1198s ? It's all a bit confusing for us semi noobies.

2. I believe it is an S with a quick shifter (that apparently munches the gearbox). Not sure on any other differences.

3. didn't know they did black SP. Thought it was red or the special corse paintwork

4. Superbike 1198 SP - Ducati

5. That's the 1198 corse SE which was before the SP. Different specs. They made less Corse SE than SP's.

6. The Ducati archive link (my post #2) shows the 2011sp in black. Andy

7. And a slightly iffy paint job!

8. I was offered this bike just before xmas....for £7500!!!!!!!!!!!!! I offered £6800 but the guy turned me down....So in the last few months I lost this one and a R that MR sold recently.. I've not been lucky recently...lol...

anyway,,,The SP is an S version but with an alloy tank,,, Slipper, QS and DTC...... A different animal to the R, thats a real mean and Raw Brute!!

#11 quantuman, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  9. You should have snapped it up at £7500 :Wideyed: god knows what happened to the R you missed :Watching:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes, agree, I played it a tad too cool! and that R! I had a deal going with MR and then got gazumped!

11. That pesky Andy eh? :mad:

:smileys:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information