1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199s Track Reliability

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Stu1199s, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Hi guys. Been getting back into my track days last season on my road gsxr1000, but would really like a track dedicated bike and have been offered an 1199s non electronic suspension. Any one used one on the track,any issues????
    Thanks in advance

2. Well the 899s seem to be OK and they are far higher stressed at race pace :)

Only thing that puts me off a pani for track is how the frame/engine works, and have seen a few destroyed really easily. That said, I have seen Zx10s destroyed just as easily!

Go for it! :)

3. Tracked mine and its never missed a beat

4. I've tracked my 1199S for two years and it's been rock solid with 10k miles on the clock now, has just needed the consumables replaced regularly which it has a large appetite for! @Sam1199S tracked his S for probably two and a half years as well and sold it with 15k miles and was also running ~200bhp and also rock solid. I've also crashed a few Panigales now and they do pretty well as there's no frame to worry about bending!

5. Ok guys. Thanks, no bad stories so think I will go for it

IMG_0177.PNG

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information