1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 Multistrada 1200s D T C

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Android853sp, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Had the front calipers off to change the front tyre and the rear caliper off to change brake pads. Been out for a run and getting an intermittently first and then permanent half way through DTC error message "DTC Off". Well it wasn't so I turned it off and the light didn't go away. Turned it back on and after the start up self test, the light stayed on again. Is the DTC sensor the same one as the ABS because I didn't have an ABS message as well. Haven't been to MR for at least 2 days so I'll probably end up going down Monday morning before the shakes set in. Andy

2. The DTC uses the ABS sensors. If it loses the signal to one of the sensors it will turn off the DTC and ABS and flag an error. I'd have thought you'd also get an ABS error. I did when I had a break in the wiring to the front ABS sensor. Since the speedo isn't affected I'd suspect the problem is with the front ABS sensor.

3. Check the wiring near the bottom yoke, it is stretched in that area and get break in the wires
    especially if you have disturbed it with wheel removal

4. Yes, mine broke in the pigtail from the main loom to the connector at the bottom yoke

5. I'd check everything around the rear. Ime what got done last got broke :)

6. Have you put the front wheel in the wrong way round? If so, the sensor will not see the wheel properly.

7. I certainly hope not having just done about 80 miles on a new tyre. I will look though just to make sure. Thanks. Andy

8. Andy
    you should be able to go into your settings menu and turn your DTC on.

9. Good point Martin. It will interesting to find out.

10. If there is a fault the electronics will just turn the DTC again

11. Kev, thanks but already done, the fault keeps turning it off. Andy

12. If that is the cause I'd very happy it was nothing more serious. 80 miles the wrong way round won't bother the tyre.

13. 2 'whole' days? :Wideyed:

14. Cold turkey ! Andy

15. So please allow me to introduce myself, you should know my name ...... prize f**king dickhead :Banghead:. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. As Derek says, nothing to worry about there.
    Lol, I take it I was right?

At least it's a quick and cheap fix.

And don't beat yourself up too much, the reason I knew what the problem was likely to be is coz I've done it myself!

Mart

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Your reputation is destroyed. Welcome to the club :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information