1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200r Insurance

Discussion in 'Monster' started by nodrog, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Hi,Got a mate with a deposit down on a 1200r and just started looking for insurance .He is finding it difficult at the moment apparently lots of companies don't list the bike .The two that do are apparently linked to Ducati Insurance and the premiums are quite high.He presently pays £90 for his 2014 gs 1200 ,is an experienced rider with blemish free record living in County Durham.
    I have read of others difficulties and was wondering what advice may be forthcoming,cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheers,have you got a 1200r ?

3. If your friend has only looked at premium quotes through the internet, it is better to phone and talk to someone direct. I finally managed to add my 1098R for a reasonable price only after talking directly to Ducati Insurance. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thanks Andy,that is his intention when business restarts

5. I have a M1200R and went through the same. My then current broker didn't list the bike and they had to call through to the underwriters to get a quote. This was the same for most other companies/brokers I subsequently got in touch with.

In the end I insured via Ducati insurance for a good price.

6. Cheers mate ,could you tell me what good price is please. p.m. If better for you

7. I can't remember exactly off top of my head. Around £150, professional, mid-40s, rural Hertfordshire, 5 years no claims.

I was interested to see that the new M1200R was cheaper to insure than my 2014 Tuono.

8. Appreciate that mate,that's about where I would expect it to be

9. Further question from myself please ,what was best way to insure the 2 bikes please

10. Had the same issue when insuring my 1200R, not listed by most insurers. Tried Ducati Insurance but waaaaaay expensive (£660 for the 1200R and my M900) and frankly quite unhelpful.

Went with Bikesure in the end, no issues and half the DI quote

11. A number of Insuerers offer multi bike policies but they are variable. Aviva charge a premium for each bike on theirs, Highway (part of LV) did not so my Aviva quote was twice the Highway quote. Benefits and excesses vary and whilst some will do pillion at no or very little extra, so do not. My current insurer won't cover me to ride bikes not owned by me. Andy

12. Thanks Andy

13. Thanks Monsterped

Do Not Sell My Personal Information