1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 1299 Heat Shield On An 1199?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by richgilb, Feb 28, 2017.

1. The 1299 heat shield and it aluminium skin will or will not fit on an 1199, please?

2. I would say yes it will,i think the 2 rear mounting points are the same but you will have to drill a hole in the subframe for the front mounting point,also not sure if the profile of the exhaust loop is the same on the 11/1299 as the 12 runs a slightly larger pipe,i have a 1199r carbon heatshield on my 1299.

3. so if the 1199 shield fits your 1299 bigger bore exhaust, they should have the same bends and routing, I think?

4. To be honest they cant be a million miles away,the carbon heatshield is a totally different shape so its hard to tell,you would obviously grind off the heatshield mounting points off the 1199 exhaust.You will also need the spacers that go between the shield and the subframe,if it all works ok i think it will be a popular mod for 1199 owners.

5. Can I ask why did you swap it over from the original? just for looks or some other reason?

6. I had to swap over because I purchased a full Akra system off a superleggra and it has no provision to bolt the heatshield to the loop so I had to mount the heatshield to the subframe in the same way the 1299 one is mounted.

7. I think it depends which year 1199, I have a 12 plate and asked in MR about having the later model heat shield put on, you can do it but need to buy an extra part as it won't fit straight on... I think the 2013 + are all the newer ones so maybe instantly compatible withthe 1299 one? worth a call before to be sure..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information