1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Time For New Tyres Rosso Iii Or M7rr

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Scotrmz, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Time for a set of new tyres for my 1299, very happy with standard fitted Supercorsa, but as the weather has been very wet this year, looking for a tyre with a better wet performance.

I am not concerned about mileage, looking for great dry performance tyre for fast road only, with better wet performance than Supercorsa.

Has anyone fitted Rosso III or M7RR to 1299, thanks for any info.

2. M7RR's on my poverty spec 1299 for 2 weeks now. Used it daily & so far very impressed.

Great in the dry ( haven't honestly noticed a drop off from the SC's , very quick riders probably do ) , but much better in the wet. Warm up quickly & I feel ( maybe psychological) that the bike is more compliant on real world bumpy roads. I appreciate you mentioned mileage is not a concern but I've been told to expect more longevity.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

#2 Rosso, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  3. I can reiterate the above comments. Recently fitted the M7RRs myself and quick to warm up and instill confidence from the off. I can't comment on mileage as of yet.

4. I've used the M7RR on the S1000RR in really bad weather and they were very very impressive. Their dry performance isn't quite as good as the Pirelli Supercorsa SP but it's close and the wet weather performance is another level.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Fitted M7RR recently also, been caught in the rain a few times and no dramas.

6. Continental sport 3 as used by California superbike school. I have the 2s on my 899 and no going back the standard oem rossos were rubbish but now on my third rear and still first front! Well over 3000 miles and half dozen track days plus loads of rain and miles in France/Germany.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If its any guide I have M7RRs on my 1290 Superduke and I average about 2000 miles per rear from mixed riding. Expect something similar from the Pani I would think. You can shred them in half that distance if you want to but that'll be true of most tyres.

I ride my SDR with the MTC turned off because its shit and makes the engine feel like its full of holes and flat spots. Switched off its an utterly different machine and I've had it like that for while now and just forgotten about it. I rode over 300 miles in heavy rain (again..) recently and only realised afterwards that I hadn't altered the traction control. I had no problems at all. I was able to forget the tyres were there and just concentrate on getting wet.. I don't think you can ask for more from a wet weather tyre.

The other thing I like about the Metzelers is that they maintain their performance and feel right down to the wear bars. Its only the last few miles that they start to feel a bit thin and squirrelly. Haven't tried the SC IIIs but I've found with Pirellis in the past that performance can drop off after the halfway point, so I've stuck with the M7s.

8. Fitted Rosso III, as Supercorsa's went off very quickly and Rosso III were in stock at dealer.

I have covered about 1000 miles in all weathers and the tyres performed brilliantly, loads of grip when road was very wet and with damp patches.

The turn in, stability and dry grip is very similar to Supercorsa, for road riding. Side wall may be a bit softer, but hard to tell.

Overall pleased with Rosso III.

9. What pressures are 1299 owners running their M7RR's on the road?

Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information