1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

133.8mph While At The Dealers?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Horico, Jun 8, 2016.

1. As above, without going in to specifics at the moment, my bike was at the dealers a few days ago and two days before I collected it, I have checked the tracker and one of the readings says it was doing 133.8mph. Several other times up and over the limit and average speeds in sections of 98mph.

I'm curious to know what others might do in this situation? I am fully aware it's nothing for these bikes but who the hell does that on a customers bike? Im not sure but the bike also went on a couple of shorter trips previously. I'm trying to remember if the longer trip was done after I was told it was ready for collection. So basically a jolly.

2. I would do my nut.A post job test MAY be in order but that is taking the piss.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What bike & what dealer?

4. I've just confirmed that I was told the bike was ready at 1247hrs on 26th May.

It was ridden once prior to this covering 2.2 miles. The next journey, that started after I was told it was ready (and now assuming the earlier test ride confirmed it) was to the petrol station, then on the 23.6 mile journey where the excessive speed was recorded.

I won't name the dealer yet but the bike is a 1199s.

5. a friend of a friend purchased a brand new bmw from a local dealer.

Once collected he was fiddling with it as you do, going through the menu's and options etc when he stumbled across the speed and rev logger thingy

The bike had 14 miles or something on it when he collected it, and the bike had a register 170+mph on it haha

I think the technician got a little carried away on the test ride? Certainly won't need much running in anyway ...

#5 Advikaz, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. as you say the speeds done are of no harm to the bike... it wasn't crashed and unless you receive a ticket in the post whats the problem? sounds to me like perks of the job...

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. I'd go steaming back to the dealer and ask why the mechanic took it so easy on the test ride. He's probably coked up your engine, the pussy. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. This really sounds horrible, can u print out the evidence and present it to the dealer? Perhaps consult some legal advise first? Don't post the name of the dealer on here if u are planning to take the complaint forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. No different to ragging it on a dyno. I would argue that I would rather the technician rag the Arse off it and have a problem, than the customer having it go wrong at 133 on a track day.

• Like Like x 2
  10. by horrible you mean the bike has had a 20 mile blast at on average half the speed its capable of? (approximately) not sure where the problem is here

11. Have to disagree! If the dealer said they needed to push the bike then fair enough, if it was a dyno u would have given consent.

Regardless, it's against the law. It's that simple

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I think it comes down to a respect thing.

End of the day the bike isn't theirs, they should treat it with care and not take the piss.

However it's not like it'll have done any damage but I wouldn't be overly chuffed about it personally.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Id just be inclined to ask the dealer if there is any chance there could be a mistake in your data and if they agree your data is valid perhaps invite them to make a contribution to your next service? Make the point and offer them a chance to re earn your respect and loyalty - way out which you gain some customer benefit from as well.

Other than this do you like the dealer?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. im kinda with you about the respect thing but thats more lending it to a mate. i trust my mechanic and if he can open it up (without me getting a ticket in the post) fantastic...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I have to agree with a few of the above. The bike is capable of it, you know when it was there should a speeding ticket turn up, and at least you know it was thoroughly "checked". Life is really too short to get hung up on stuff like this. If it was damaged, go nuts.... But I don't think a bit of speed is worth getting upset about.
    Ask yourself the question of what you want to gain from of the situation? Money? An apology? A promise not to do it again?... mention it to the dealer the next time you drop it off or go elsewhere if it bothers you that much, but I don't think it warrants anything more than that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. From my experience though my mates can ride and many technicians can't lol

17. Betting the bosses don't know. It's the business that foots the bill if something goes goes wrong, and doing those speeds on public roads is a number game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Don't completely agree with that. Depends where they did it.

130 is hardly fast.

I was in Germany recently and the slowest car on the road was probably sitting at about 120, not one car miraculously combusted and killed all the local women and children.

19. That's also just what it registered with the tracker at. My tracker (biketrac) registers every few minutes so it was either pinned at that sort of speeds for a while or the tracking got lucky.

20. hope you've never broke the limit on a test ride then, would hate for the dealer to print off the data and pop down to Mr Plod.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information