1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 180/60 Rear Tyre?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by duke63, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Anyone tried one on a 748?

2. Standard fit on a 5.5" rear. You should feel a slightly quicker turn in if anything. Andy

3. thought 180/55 was standard??

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Probably was but they'd stopped producing the 748 before the 60 profiles appeared, use Supercorsa 180/60's on my 748 & 998 feel great :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. May have clearance issues when the tyre grows thru heat. So may have to mess about with ride height and eccentric position :)

6. There are loads of barely used 180/60 SCs on ebay from the 899 Cup races and just wondered if anyone had tried them. Clearance is probably my main concern. Don't have the bike available to check it at the moment.

7. 60 just touches my swinger. Might be my bitsa chain is too short though.
    Very frustrating I have to hunt for 55 scrubs, which as I see are getting harder to find.

8. is this for road or track? Wouldn't touch these if for the road, different compounds and designed for warmers. Can be used but.... :)

9. I'd go longer chain, rotate and reset ride height. Not perfect but doable :)

10. I was planning to have a tinker, just not sure two more links will go in with the current sprocket set up.

11. Likely means you will have to lengthen the wheelbase, i.e. closer 3-4 o'clock rather than 5-6, then add height to the bar. I had similar to lower the bike when I first bought a 748, except I didnt add the height back

12. Cant go too far or the chain hits the guard. Not actually too much adjustment to be had.
    IIRC I did spend quite sometime fannying about with this at one time. Happy to be handed a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Interesting never really thought of doing this myself would be interested to see how it goes.

14. Spare wheels for track days.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information