1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 2005 Ducati 999 57mm Full System Map.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Lucazade, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Hi all,

Does anyone have a DP map for a 2005 999 full system. Symmetric 57mm pipes?

Need it to put on to ecu as starting point.

A guzzidiag bin file would be nice as then can just push it on to ecu.

Also anyone with this system can you send photos of your heat shield mounting and how you stopped fairing from melting?

2. Did you manage to wrestle it on then?
    My fairing doesn't get melted by mine.
    Not got a map, mine has a PC111.

3. Wrap the front cylinder pipe in "Exhaust Heat Wrap", had BSD fit PC III and write custom may for the bike, awesome job.

4. Ricky Wrestle in is a correct word. FFS it is not meant to fit.

I still think one of the pipes is to short as it only half goes in to it's joint.
    Missing some springs and haven o heat shield for my leg, plus heal plate needs to come off on right side.

Hunting for heat shield and springs now.

Also I prefer to not have PC3 but rather flash ECU directly.
    PC3 is plan B :)

5. You should have got a set of spacers for the left footrest to space it out. Also a different bracket for the left rear fairing bracket

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Do not have either, I can space out the footrest no problem.

The fairing bracket what should it do? move fairing away form pipes as I can bend current one to do the same for now.

7. I'll try to find a picture, but it will push the fairing about 10mm out

8. [​IMG]

This should give you an idea of what your missing

9. It is not the same system I have.

My one is like this one:

img_0474.jpg

10. Ah roger, not sure if the small parts and fitting are the same. Get onto your nearest dealer and try to get a copy of the Instruction document then this will have the associated small parts indicated

11. I am trying MotoRapido but Ducati did not have full documentation on accessories till about 2006.

He found that there are 3 variations of 57mm 999 system and price but so far no parts details.
    There is full titanium, titanium/steel and steel.
    Mine is half/half and I assume on an R of yours should be the same yet they do not have same mounting points unless yours is 749R?

12. The 3 versions were, to the best of my knowledge, only different in the materials used.

As far I knew, the 57mm system is the same shape and fitting regardless of the material its made from.

I have the 57mm system on my 749r, it's identical to the picture posted by Nathanhu. I bought the system from Riders in Bristol, as new old stock. It was advertised as fitting a 999s, but went straight on to my 749r without any modification at all.

The picture of your system seems to look more "race" than the 57mm "banana" system that I've seen. Are you confident that your system is a Ducati system, intended for road use? This may explain the issues that you are having with getting it all to fit.

I had an extra port welded in the pipe for the rear cylinder, so that BSD could write a custom map for each cylinder.

Hope this helps.

749r 3.jpg

13. The round pipe version is the early version which needs quite a bit of spacing to clear the fairings, and it was originally offered with a Ti silencer only. The banana system is an upgraded version and it was available with steel or Ti silencer.

The full Ti 57mm system is made for racing only (for 749R Kit bikes) and it mounts different than the street systems.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Check photo I attached my one is defo ducati system but all pipe are round.

Photo I attached is of identical system I have.
    I just need the heat shield can do rest easy withg rubber bungs I removed form stock exhaust

15. Jusutus you a star, ordered springs was just looking for that.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information