1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 2010-15 Or Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rebel, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Hi Rebel - I sold my original 1200S with about 30K miles, full service history. I'll be honest and say it had a lot of warranty repairs, including the cylinder head problem and whilst I traded it in the dealer he traded it out to an independent as it was too high milage for him.

My advice would be try an buy the newest S version you can afford, it's always a trade off between miles and age. An older little used bike may not have developed faults yet, whereas a newer, high milage bike will have had any issues fixed already (or may be less prone to them).

Full (Ducati) service history is important and if there is any warranty left it's well worth it. Don't get distracted by full exhaust systems and associated bling. These are easy to add at a later date when they come up for sale here and funds allow.

Not sure where you are or your budget but Ducati Aylesbury had a good selection of S/H machines a few weeks ago.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. +1 Twin4me. 100% common sense and I can vouch for Ducati Aylesbury too as they've looked after me well this last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Friday, for the first time, we found this out as my mate, of simiilar weight and 1 inch shorter, has just bought a 2015 pre DVT, both in 3rd gear on a dual carriageway, we opened the taps fully from the same starting speed, through to 4th and 5th gears. By time we rolled back, the DVT was a considerable distance in front. Interesting as I came from 2014 TS and thought the DVT felt no quicker, but if this was anything to go by, the DVT is faster ?? (Yes they could have been run in different or had slightly different tyre pressures etc etc etc, this was just as we were both out, thought we would try it, nothing hugely accurate or scientific you understand)

• Like Like x 2
  4. 170 on a Multi ??? Good luck with that ?? :upyeah:

5. The video shows it ;)

No idea how accurate the speedo is at that speed tho :)

6. I think if you fit some "drops" and crouch down like you did on ya fizzy....200 mph may be entirely possible ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. For @Rebel , For many reasons you've now probably read, DVT "S" would be my choice having owned single spark, twin spark and DVT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Skyhook very expensive to repair if it goes wrong (£1,500 parts, plus £250 labour. Mine failed after 3 years.

9. Agree that twin-spark is a more involving engine. Just feels more like a Ducati. DVT too smooth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The only Multi I haven't ridden is a TS: how does that compare to the original single-spark?

11. Much smoother. I never had any of the surging or low rev throttle issues many complained about in the single spark

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Funny, I never had an issue with low rev surging on mine - I wonder if that was simply down to expectation after decades of riding v-twins?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information