1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2015 Multistrada Quickshifter

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jason Fairbrother, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Hi Guys, Im waiting for my new Multi to arrive in 2 weeks and I'm after a quickshifter for it.
    I'm told that the Translogic one on my 2013 Pikes Peak will not fit it.

Is there anywhere where I can get one Yet for the DVT.

#1 Jason Fairbrother, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. Don't show Rob the featured video from that site....he'll get ideas

3. Having ridden the 1299 Panigale and new BMW 1000XR both fitted with quick shifters and auto blippers I think Ducati have missed a trick by not fitting them to the new Multi. However when I mentioned it to the dealer I'm told that Multi gearbox has larger clearances so won't suit a quick shifter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hmm, my mate has a quick shifter on his 2014 GS water cooled and that box isn't as 'slick' as the new DVT box, so I'm not convinced about that TBH?

5. I am just wondering why people need a quick shifter?
    I have ridden an 1199 Panigale and the QS was nice but really only needed on the track.
    On the DVT my QS is coordination between the right hand and left foot

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Your bike, your choice.

No idea why anyone would put a QS on a multi. More unnecessary than a gauge to tell you you have lost 1psi...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would always prefer a QS on any bike. Less effort, more enjoyable and easier.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The throttle isn't pinned at 6k, which is what its designed to do, so why not just clutchless? Less potential damage, just as quick and smooth.

Each to their own :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. The only thing I miss from my last bike is the QS (S1000R).

I used it all the time, wish my DVT had one....

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had a Translogic on my 2013 Pikes Peak and that worked brilliantly, unfortunately it doesn't fit the 2015 DVT model

#11 Jason Fairbrother, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  11. Only reason is laziness, just so easy with it on, all my bikes have them fitted now.

12. Ive got a Translogic on mine, makes a fun bike even more fun!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. I had a QS on my naked BMW K1300R and frightened the crap out of me. Made me go faster with the throttle pinned. To flippin quick for my liking. Nah, not again.

14. was that on the twin spark model ?- trying to get tuneboy version to work on my 14 PP with poor results so thinking of ditching it for a Translogic as had one on the Diavel if it fits the twin spark

15. The autoblipper for downshifts is far more useful on the road than a quickshifter for upshifts.

16. I love quick shifters, the one on my s1000r is brilliant and even the Tuono v4 one was nice.

I'm not sure whether it's not quite as smooth a transition when in a twin? Perhaps that's what it is and why Ducati don't bother

17. Works fine on the Boxer twin from what I have experienced thus far.

18. I wonder how a quickshifter (with downshift blipper) would interface with the variable valve timing system? Perhaps no-one has worked this out yet.

19. Can't see that VVT would matter. Most, if not all interface with the ignition. If you can clutchless shift on the DVT then no reason why an electronic one should not work.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information