1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 1199r :)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Sorry missed the earlier. I used the K108 5 endurance rear and the k106 3 front. Super impressed, my new first choice going forward. After two days I can see the rear is worn badly but it was still performing the same as new and I was knocking my lap time down right to the end.

2. I've ordered some high spec endurance pads that are a mix of carbon and sintered. They are three times the price of the sintered pads but supposed to last three times the distance as well so hopefully will pay for themselves at Portimao in a few weeks. They are comparable to the Brembo Z04 apparently.
    I checked my pads on the bike after Aragon and it seems the second set are only about half way down so perhaps the first were extra worn due to me over braking on the first day?

Bendix
    ***NEW*** MSR - S-MARTIX - RACING PADSDesigned EXCLUSIVELY for race use, recommended for professional Road Racing and Endurance.
    * Superb initial bite and linear in-stop performance at all brake disc temperatures.
    * Excellent wear rates in extreme conditions.
    * Friction level meets the ultimate requirements made only in top level racing.

3. Just got back from Portimao with @MissPineapple , @Sam1199S and @Bazz with Pacedayz. What an incredible track, if it wasn't for a few bumps I'd say it was better than Aragon, certainly more dramatic. This vid is following Sam in the first lap and then our mate Seb in the second lap, who is basically on a sunday cruise as he does 1'51'' around Portimao!

We had monster thunder showers that put down inches of rain in ten minutes and both managed to pop our wets cherry. Check out the fishtail at the end after I got a false neutral and accidentally dropped it back into gear, I was up on the tank with foot sliding on the floor and expecting to be launched any moment!

TGP_5031.jpg

IMG_7592.JPG

IMG_7588.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

IMG_7589.JPG
    The forecast rain meant a few people got on it a bit too hard! Incredibly I think this guy actually made it for the dry afternoon! He was asleep outside out hotel room so I dragged him down the corridor by his feet and he didn't stir at all haha
    IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2648.JPG

Sexiest phot of the trip for sure:
    IMG_7601.JPG

#103 Monners, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Threads merged

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. IMG_7602.JPG Probably a good day for wets!

6. Brilliant. Great vids. And yeah, brilliant track but Portimao seems to get more bloody rain than Glasgow!

7. Love this photo. My aim for next year is a photo like this!

8. I almost didn't take wets as well, very glad I did! The sessions we had in the rain were awesome. I expected wets to just be something to get you on track but we were pushing just the same as in the dry, amazing to experience.

9. Stout fellow! Bigger balls than me matey. I could see you weren't hanging about by the speed you were hitting coming up to turn 1. That fast corner onto the home straight must be twitchy bum in the wet..... It's bad enough in the dry ffs! Fair play.

10. I was chuffed with this one, I bought the whole set but the others don't compare to this.

@Sam1199S has a couple of crackers in the wet. My wet ones look like I've stolen the bike because of the waterproof jacket I'm wearing. Ridiculously I think I was seeing something like 45 degrees of lean in the wet! edit - 51 degrees!

TG3_9896.jpg TG3_9914.jpg

#110 Monners, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Dave you had 51 degrees of lean at one point! Crazy as that's what I generally lean to on slicks!! Amazing few days that was, and really good to experience wets for the first time aswell as you

• Like Like x 1
  12. My fastest wet lap onboard:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cheeky fly by with the full akras (race cans instead of stock akras) fitted

• Like Like x 1
  14. Awesome

Bloody awesome

Was that a wheelie at 150? What large testicles you have. Especially in the wet.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Love it, i would be happy to ride that fast in the dry,great footage.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haha yeah, I was coming out of the last corner in a lower gear than in the dry so it was primed for wheelie action!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm still amazed at how much extra power you have with those cans, pulling away from me on the straight so easily.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looks like a great trip! I was there in sept and it was scorchio! Brilliant track, going back next year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. well get organising a few of us then!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Awesome stuff. Great that you not only ventured out in the wet but were actually pushing. I was expecting the orange TC lights to be continuously flashing but obviously the grip of wet tyres is staggeringly good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information