1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 1199r :)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Jun 19, 2016.

1. The wets are really mind blowing, as Sam said I had 51 degrees of lean after one session in the rain. When I posted earlier I was thinking that can't be right! I honestly still felt like there was more grip to spare and could have pushed harder at those angles.

2. Only used a couple time but couldn't believe even I nearly had my knee down in the wet at Donington on an 848. Then again, on PR4s you can get your knee down on a multi if you hang off enough lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. what you holding in ya right hand in the first pic? It must be really small what ever it is... Acid? Or some other hippy shit? Nice bike though( and I'm glad you've lost the pony tail)

4. Gangster sh*t yo! and stop denying you wanted to sleep with me when I had a long wig.

You're right though the hair did look silly.

5. hey! My boyfriends the gay one... ( ok, I liked the pony tail)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Managed to edit my best dry laps footage with the camera in a new position for a change of scenery. Quite enjoy watching the forks do their business and the front wheel moving around

• Like Like x 4
  7. Nice video!!!
    I think you need more preload :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Love the fork shots, really shows whats happening.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Check out the sound of our Rs on flyby. Beautiful! Mine is stock with just the exhaust servo motor removed, Sam has the full Akro system and a bunch more powers!

10. Here's the sound of mine going past the pitlane on its own... apparently the video sound doesn't do it justice but it still sounds epic!

• Like Like x 1
  11. This thread is awesome! Made me think of this:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Have you found any difference/performance from remove the exhaust flapper?

13. I can't definitely say there is an improvement but it feels a bit more linear in delivery, but that could be a bunch of other things, in particular my suspension which I sorted out properly at the same time. The servo weighs 0.6kg so it's a big weight saving. The cans are super expensive at £2500 but they make a pretty big power difference. You can see in the vids how much Sam gains on me down the main straight.

14. Interesting, thanks. How about noise level increase (for UK tracks)?

I'd like to get the cans, but they'd limit bike use to southern EU tracks. I've also seen some corse injectors for the R which are supposed to further increase power.

15. I've not had the opportunity to noise test but it definitely sounds louder at idle without the exhaust servo. Sams bike with cans is very loud, he even had problems at Silverstone when the same cans were on his S. I've been toying with buying some stock base 1299 cans to try and get onto more UK tracks without problems. I'm not sure how adversely this would affect the R but can't imagine it being much different to sticking loads of baffles on race cans anyhow. I'm not sure if all the fittings are the same?

16. Not sure about the R, but the 1199/1299 have a different connection between the connection pipe and the under belly section. Also have different diameter headers (but the R may have bigger than 1199 anyway?)

17. Yeah you are right - I tried mating my cans up to the 'stock' Akra system on my R using the small Y pipe that comes with the DP Akra cans to fit to a 959/1299 series exhaust. Long and short is it was close but off by about 5degrees. The actual size of the pipes seemed the same, and the Y pipe mated nicely to the R's flapper valve assembly but the cans just wouldn't then line up with the bolt holes.

Ended up spending £500-odd quid on the official Akra Ti 2-1-2 Y pipe which replaces he flapper valve assembly, as pictured below:

Original flapper valve on left, replacement section to mate to Akra cans on right prior to fitting:-
    [​IMG]

The part which wouldn't fit:-
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Went on a mission and flew up to Aberdeen to pick up this Transit T460 racevan this week. She's a bit rusty underneath but damn awesome otherwise and made it back to London even after a boost hose blew 100miles out of Aberdeen. I was gutted as I thought it was engine or gearbox related to start with until I found the hole in the hose. I figured I best replace them all, they cost a small fortune from Ford and even aftermarket they were still £270 for all three which was not amusing. It's got a 3.2 litre engine with 200bhp so a bit of a beast which doesn't slow down when loaded which was why I went so far to get it.

Looks pretty badass :)
    fullsizeoutput_44e6.jpeg

Nice brand new awning on it for those purple haze days in the sun.
    fullsizeoutput_44e8.jpeg

The garage is set up for one bike so I'm spending the weekend converting it for two. It's still really tight so I may need to move the toilet area forward to make more space. I'm so happy having a home for my wheels and other gear, we're really sick of having to load and unload so much stuff just to get the bikes on or off. As it came:
    fullsizeoutput_44e9.jpeg
    Still a bit tight but doable for now:
    IMG_0810.JPG
    I had to reverse the Panigale on which was exciting: IMG_0806.JPG

Stripped it out and built a wheel rack:
    IMG_0813.JPG

My office :)
    IMG_0717.JPG

All the mod cons; toilet, microwave, hub, full electrics and gas, bed where the magic happens.
    IMG_0809.JPG

#138 Monners, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Nice van Royal, I went with a different option and bought a caravan with bike carrying capacity
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. That's pretty epic, and saves you having to have a massive van. I like to be able to drive fast so don't like towing plus we're in rented accommodation so not allowed caravans.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information