1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016/7 Desmosedici?

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Hollywoodstig, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Lots of exciting stuff. What does L Twin mean in this context? Ducati often seem to call the Panigale L Twin already? Surely it doesn't mean the wider angle and more forward facing front cylinder??

2. All Ducati's are L twins due to the front cylinder being 'almost horizontal and the rear almost vertical - i.e. an L

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Some call it a 90 degree v-twin but Ducati always refer to it as an L-twin.
    It means exactly the same thing!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Or a 270 degree twin.

5. Tossers should do some overtime and get on with the V4...How hard can it be...FFS!:rolleyes::p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. About time now I'd say... See you back here in 3yrs for more bu11sh1t and conjecture. 2020 at the earliest at this rate

7. I've been looking at RSV4s a little lately for the V4 and quite surprised to see how heavy they are. It's a big negative for me as I'm very much into the whole lightweight race bike thing that Ducati has going on with the Panigale. The weight is one of the biggest things that irritates me about the BMW S1000RR. The V4 is the big selling point but the S1000RR engine is probably one of the best engines I've ever experienced so no point swapping for another bike the same weight. A Ducati V4 would need to be light weight for me to go for it, although I'd be straight down to Snell Performance with my wallet open if it was.

8. Oh trust me, there's a prototype engine already in test...

9. A watered down GP engine?

10. Very interesting indeed.

The tanks to fairing outline I think is most similar to the GP11, I just hope they've redesigned the seat unit/upper exhaust outlet. Looked hideous on that evolution of the GP Desmo.

350808_6933_big_Ducati_GIS3598.jpg 13528969_793618807407613_4915439886041008437_n.jpg

11. Yes I wondered that - the pic of the new tank looks now't like the current Desmosedici. Unless I'm being epically stupid (which is a real possibility)

12. image.jpeg Really getting into this now.

13. Like I said from the horses mouth no updated Desmo, Pani will be around albeit revised til at least 2018. New limited bike will be released but no details shared with me at this time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Other than a new Desmo or a replacement Panigale I can't fathom what limited production they could roll out - already done a special Panigale which received mixed reviews (mostly focusessed on it looking like a Panigale) slating it for not being a GP replica. Albeit every review I read said how good it was to ride. FWIW I love mine and can't see myself parting with it.

15. Sorry for being thick but is there a new desmo coming or just a tarted up Panigale?

16. Don't worry I'm being just as thick - having now heard it from two sources. One on here the other much closer to Duati I believe it's a Desmosedici.

Audi pumped too much money in recently and last years revisions from 1199 to 1299 keep it relevant for at least 2017. With that in mind the much vaunted V4 Panigale replacement is unlikely before 2018.

Having previously looked at X-Diavel, Hypermotard and various Monsters whilst owning 999R, 1199S and now Superleggera I've concluded I'll only buy Sportbikes so whatever 'it' is needs to be loud, lairy and look like the GP16... Preferably in bare carbon. Too much to ask?

• Like Like x 1
  17. I spoke to a good source this evening very close to Ducati and all he knows about is a special Panigale and nothing about a new desmo so who knows if it is a new desmo they are remaining very tight lipped!

Hope it is though, just in case I'm off to raid some piggy banks :)

• Like Like x 1

18. Ah well that's a shame I suppose, maybe it was too good to be true. Swines.

19. Lets see what comes of the these rumours. A new street Desmo would be very cool, even if it does dent the value of my D16..

Was reading on the interweb about the new KTM RC16, they will be building a road version...!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information