1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016/7 Desmosedici?

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Hollywoodstig, Jul 10, 2016.

1. The KTM thing makes sense, they are so small, there best hope is probably to try and transfer as much tech as they can to the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I doubt that would happen. The RC45 didn't dent the value of the RC30.

You can't buy a new original D16 anymore, so the prices can only really appreciate, apart from in times of recession, global floods and pestilence.

3. In that case, with the world as it is, I'm screwed.....!!

Just wish i could ride it more... sad really. One day!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. You're talking to the wrong horses Jon, you need the Italian ones not the English ones!

5. Not sure, but I think the cat is out of the bag.....!!!!

13692565_10154240078420499_1238808716767470907_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. So, I think I've gotten to the bottom of this.

A while back, I saw a picture with Claudio Domenicali and there was a modified GP10 in a colour scheme not too dissimilar to the current GP15/16, but with the number of 04 - Dovi's

And, here it is again....

maxresdefault.jpg

The bike is clearly not a GP, but a modified GP10 with some design features of the GP15. Double twin vertical cooling ducts on side fairings, modified belly pan, different tank and long side exit exhaust....

This video shows all.

I'm not so sure this is a new RR to be honest, but more of a display bike that Ducati can take around the world to show on stands at events.

If it is one, it's a shame it's not a proper replica of the GP15...

7. And some more meat on the bones.... It's a further modified Hayden or Rossie GP12 test bike from Sepang 2012

sepang_gp12.8.jpg 013112-motogp-sepang-test-ducati-desmosedici-gp12-hayden-04.jpg

Exhaust is not the same and clearly Dovi never rode that bike....

Even more certain there is no new RR and the bike with a 90th Anniversary livery is this same machine, repainted for WDW..

8. A show bike is hardly ever what it claims to be; the real thing is always far too expensive to let the public near!
    I've seen plenty of show bikes, most have empty engine cases and are built from second-hand parts... including some at the Museum!

But don't let this put you off the idea of a new D16...

9. Completely agree, however the picture that was first "leaked" and the one I posted earlier are almost definitely from this GP12 bike in the glass enclosure. Tarted up for WDW. I'm sure it's probably a running/working bike too.

I'd be very surprised if Ducati aren't looking at some sort of new RR, but it won't be of an update to the original. With Honda and KTM doing street versions of their GP bikes at similar price points, I'm sure others will follow.

10. Picture from a good friend.

GP12 (ish) from WDW...

Tank looks familiar

13735101_1148998828489622_1198416567585018855_o.jpg

11. 2nd person connected to Ducati at a senior enough level has confirmed new RR to be announced to the dealers at their annual conference in Oct. This is starting to get some traction now & im a little bit excited. Obviously less so if it's a tarted up GP12.

12. No Diavel trike then? Gutted!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Ducati Dealer Conference kicks off tomorrow. If they don't announce anything I'll be pestering a KTM dealership in the near future

IMG_4095.JPG

14. IMG_4096.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  15. The invites have already been sent out...

16. For the KTM or Ducati?

17. Time to pester KTM. Shame.

18. Because for a while there has been a feeling there would be a new D16RR/Desmo whatever you want to call it. Todays news points towards Superleggera mk.2. Nothing wrong with that of course I loved mine. But it's not what I want.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information