1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2016 Bike Has Hill Start Function

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nigel Machin, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Had an epiphany today whilst fuuuuucking about on my 1200 S 2016 DVT. Mentioned previously an amber warning lamp that popped up occasionally! It's the "hill hold" function. Tested it out a few times and it's operated by squeezing the front brake (I didn't test the rear) quite hard and hey presto brake holds until throttle applied, eh wala!
    It's not mentioned in the manual at all!! Happy days

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hill start on enduro is jab rear brake quit hard & it shows icon on dash, flashes when its turning off.

3. I need to test the rear, same on the front then, squeeze hard light on, throttle and light flashes as it releases, I have hill hold on my car and love it.....I know.... Little things amusing small minds!!

4. During the war:grinning: We used to call this function, using your foot.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Sorry, really cant see the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It's a great function as it keeps the brake applied until you ride away, allowing you to keep balance over rough ground or on a hill.
    I found it quite useful at traffic lights on slight inclines and it stopped the bike creeping!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not noticed it ever on mine...?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. My DVT 2016 doesn't have this feature either

9. Thats because the OP bike is probably a 2017 one

10. Purchased in July and it's on a 16 plate!

11. But as its got the feature I will be moving it on as a 2017 bike on a 16 plate incognito!

12. Anyone know whether hill-start is a software feature, hence perhaps installable as an update? Or if it requires different hardware fitted only to the latest bikes? @nelly ?

13. I have a 16 and it has a manual hill-start lever on the right handlebar

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. All my bikes have had an hill start feature, its called a rear brake!!:grinning:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Mine was bought Aug 2015 but is a my16. That's how manufacturers work, they like to confuse ;)

16. A handy feature though for certain situations. Busy weekend traffic jam on the Stelvio pass. Off road, especially with the big Enduro, could be very handy

17. If you were to ride off the Stelvio road, a parachute pack would be another handy feature.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Does anyone know if this is on the latest PP?

19. Only bought my 1200s last month, but I don't seem to have the hill start feature - I'm having to resort to the old Hendon shuffle if I want to rest my clutch hand while stopped at the lights on a hill:sweatsmile:

20. What's wrong with two fingers on the front brake, or foot on the rear??

All these 'safety' features are taking skills away from riders, younger ones will never no any different! I sold like a grumpy old fart, but I'm only 35!! Last generation of 'real bikes'..?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information