1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2018 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Hi all, I appreciate its a bit early doors to be starting to think of 2018, but does anyone have any knowledge of a new or revised Multistrada appearing ? I heard a whisper at MotoRapido the other day from some Multi owners outside ? My current DVT will probably be due a swap by 2018 so would be interested to hear any rumours or gossip.

2. Are 2018 model spec announced in October ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wait for the V4 :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wait a bit longer for the V8 :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Have to be pretty special for me to trade my 15 Dvt in ! ( still in love with her )

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm with ya but I rack up quite big miles so change them every 2 years or so.

7. Not sure why you dislike @nodrog ? Only enquiring if anyone knows bout new models?

8. Neither am I , apologies for my hamfistednes Have reversed my schoolboy error

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Scoop: nuova Ducati Multistrada 2018! - Ducatimultistrada.it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mmmmm..... semi-auto gearbox sounds interesting!

11. Definitely Audi influenced there especially in the dash/cockpit using the full nav system. looks good though

12. [​IMG]

Looks interesting indeed

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. the diavel engine, auto gearbox, virtual dash with navigation in the dash, new lights and exhaust.Only downer was the end of 2018 date. Hope it's not fake news :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hmm.... Where do I sign? :grinning:

15. The fact that Ducati know has the enduro version of the Multi to cover the off road segment, I'm hopeful the tradition multi will be more road orientated the talk of a belly pan style of exhaust (if true) would suggest this may be the case, combine this with the 1262 engine and a full fairing and I'm in

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. All the mods and changes listed in that article would definitely be welcomed, except for the auto box. I sincerely hope Ducati would have this as an option and not the norm, as that alone would have me look in another stable for my daily steed. Not ready to go auto on a bike yet, no matter how efficient or good it is. Had a few VW/Audi cars of late, all manual as well, cause no matter how good DSG is, its still an automatic car that lacks driver involvement (Only IMO ;)). I don't want the Multi to feel like a big scooter !! Anyone else want an auto bike ?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fully automatic, i.e. changes gear by itself all the time - no.
    • Optional automatic, i.e. you can choose to change gear manually or leave it to the system - what's not to like?
    • Seamless gear changes - great!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fully agree providing they still have a clutch, DSG style paddle shift not really for me. Just added a Golf Gti to our family and first choice I made on the order form was manual gearbox. Tried the DSG box and although brilliantly efficient , was bored after a short time. Certain cars and bikes would suit an automatic, E class, XJ, A8, XDiavel, K1600, Gold Wing etc, but cars like our little golf, 911's, multistrada and sports bikes etc, manual all day for me. Have always thought Auto's have their place but not in things that are on the sportier side. They just lack involvement, only IMO you understand.

• Agree Agree x 2

18. That's progress for you. Most "performance" cars now come with a variation of the DSG "auto" box and that includes 911's , Ferrari's, lambo's etc. I have an S4 with dsg and it is superb when in sport mode, or used in manual using the paddles. Horses for courses though.

With regard to a bike though, I like the idea of a seamless shift box, but would be wary of a full auto.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. last two bikes were Honda 1200f and 1200 crosstourer; both DCT models. Loved it! The crosstourer was just too heavy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information