1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2v Superbike Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by andrewinuk, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Now I am jealous.....

2. :-( i've gone further over budget......

got some "as new" showa forks... (allegedly) off ebay in Belgium for £180 but then had to pay the asking price for some ohlins 25mm cartridges from Pro Twins at £495 :-0
    .... thinking its probably £50 or so over priced, but going to try to use the suzuki yokes and wheels to keep costs down so watch this space.

3. Just think of the lovely wiring harness you could have for that......

• Like Like x 1
  4. OK, i've finished the design of the airbox and "tank". previous version was too high and didn't leave enough room for a 5-7L tank, so here is the final version. next steps, check ergonomics when i get a seat, make the airbox in ply as a mould, add the bottom and work out the inner layer of the mould so i get a finish on the carbon!

This shows how 5L of fuel tank fits in, though i'll still be making my own...
    [​IMG]

i've given my self some more internal space by taking the fake tank sides out, this also gives a better angle to lean off in the corners...
    [​IMG]

This should be a lot easier to make than the complex shape i had previously.... with enough room to mount the airbox to valve cover on the front of the rear cylinder and ignition key surround bolt holes... and the fuel tank to both valve covers on the rear cylinder... see easy... :-/

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Why not put the tank under your seat? It'll give you a larger airbox.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dropbox :upyeah:

7. After what seems an eternity, it's almost time to start laying up carbon!! Just need to avoid dribbling epoxy everywhere :)

Next update after the weekend......

Mould.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. The project is back on! ....OK.... not a lot of progress... but i am about to get my engine sorted in the next week or two, and this arrived from the US.... :)

20180508_130406.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. mmmmm going to need some extreme dremelling to get this to fit!

Not as simple as with using the standard shock and pivot..... You can see in the photo below, the heads are cut back and the owner has used a standard 848 exhaust as the basis. I'll find out how mine all fits together this weekend, but i am going to need to modify or bin my custom exhaust :-( 20180509_205701.jpg 100_0286.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Had a very fruitful trip to Bristol where the 1098 frame project was put on the backburner and a new engine bought for the 900SS...... I'll pick up this project in the Autumn, but at least I can now start booking trackdays with confidence.... 5 now booked including 2 days with Classic Bike at Cadwell, 1 Ducati Trackday at Donnington, and 2 days with California SBK School at Cadwell........

Bummer to be stalling again, but more riding and less spannering whilst the sun shines isn't all bad!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fantastic project.

12. wow!
    What's the shock from?
    is the rocker a linear rate one?

can't wait to see what this looks like on the bike. :)

13. It's a modified TTX shock to match the Kyle Flat Rate Link.... But project is on hold till the autumn and ive bought an engine for my 900 from Rich at Louigi Moto.... But at least I'll be on track next week at Donnington :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. was the shock originally destined for an 848/xx98? :)

15. Sure was.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information