1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Stage Polish

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Neilkemp89, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Just a quick question?

I have the Auto finesse 3 stage revitalise kit, I have used it with my DA polisher on the car, has anyone tried it on their 899/1199/1299. The paint seems alot softer and I dont want to damage the paint.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Neil

2. I used an all in one diminishing polish from scholl

If it were me I would miss out the first stage compound and just use steps 2/3

• Like Like x 1
  3. As above
    Unless your bike have swirls like hell then use step 1 otherwise 2/3 and be gentle at first to see how the paint react.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just start with the least aggressive pad polish combo first....THB something like Sonax 04-06 and finish with meguires 205 will give you outstanding results...You can't really take off too much clearcoat with a DA....

5. Not really....its very very hard to burn through clear coat with a DA due to the orbit and reduction in heat....yes you have to be more cautious on edges and creases in panels AS ALWAYS...on the flip side I have TRIED as an experiment to burn through clear coat with a rotary and a spider pad with cutting compound....it does burn through as the heat generated on the pad with a rotary is much greater...but it took some effort....you see the heat plume from the pad on the panel before the clear coat fails.

6. You won't hurt it with a da. I used all kinds of compounds and pads on mine to gauge what worked. meguiars 105, chemical guys v32 through to 38, menzerna fg400 through to po85. Gave gtechniq p1 a go too. All using a da and various hex logic pads.
    It was much tougher than I was expecting.
    You could always mask up the delicate areas but I'm sure you will be fine.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information