1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 3rd Year Warrantyno More

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by guzzi eleven, Dec 22, 2015.

1. After complaint to ducati Italy customer services yesterday, they rang me to tell me that ducati are not able to offer extended 3Rd year warranty and dealer is not interested either, mis selling?

2. How is it mis selling when you haven't purchased a product?

Ducati withdrew its 3rd year warranty ages ago as it didn't meet the fca criteria. That's a fair business practice in my opinion. If they sold it to you knowing it wasn't fit , then you sound like the one who would be shouting compensation. They can't win.

I'd like them to offer a 3 rd year but I'm sure they will do it when they are ready.

3. yes embrace the un-warranty period! ducati will still honor engine major mishaps especially if your bike continues to be serviced by one of their main dealers.

5. When purchased my red mts in March 2013, the salesman said you could buy ducati 3Rd year warranty during the term of pcp?, so misleading

6. In march 2013 you could of purchased the extended warranty. So the salesman was telling the truth at that time. The fact Ducati removed the option maybe a year down the line isnt the salesman trying to mislead you.
    And if I remember correctly didn't the warranty have to be taken out way way way before the 2 years was up so you could of purchased it in 2013.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. In 2012 when I bought mine, you had until the bike was 18 months old to purchase the extended warranty. If I remember correctly, the workshop manager encouraged me to make my mind up shortly after the 600 mile service. Andy

8. I will put that to the test for my 5-6 yr old bike in March, see if they fix this oil leak from the front cylinder head, bearing in mind the heads were replaced at 3 yrs, just before the warranty ran out?

9. Do you know that the leak is caused by a faulty part....or possibly down to whoever did the work on the heads?

10. Bike has done 11k miles since rebuild and this is a new problem, so pretty sure this is a component 'failure' (gasket/oil seal?).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information