1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 42t Sprocket & New Chain

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DudleyDuke, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Hi Folks,
    thought I'd treat Mutley to a 42T Sprocket and whilst at it get a new chain. Being honest theres nowt really wrong with the chain except for the fact that nobody seems to have a very high opinion of the originals that are supplied.

So, and excuse me for sounding a bit thick, is it possible to get these items in a colour ? Ideally I'd like black anodized.

If you guys can answer the above and suggest a supplier I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks,
    Lee.

2. Just get a DID chain, they are gold & heavy-duty. You'll have to find out the length though or someone can tell you which one to go for!

3. BigRISK PowerParts Try here and just use google translate, that's where i bought my kit

4. +1 for Bigrisk - they supplied this red one.

20160624_090510.jpg.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers fellas :grinning:

6. they have no sprockets or a date for them coming in either :(
    Im just waiting for a reply direct from suersprox themselves , will let you know how I get on , think you need a 110 link chain

7. I fitted a 108 link chain with the 42T rear sprocket.

8. Yes, it fits but messes up the ride height.
    A 110 link chain gives (more or less) the same ride height as standard

9. Being new to Multi ownership I am
    I'm new to Multi ownership and am intrigued by this thread talkng about a 42T rear sprocket. Are you all saying that the 42T sprocket is non standard but in some way improves performance and if fitted does it affect any future warranty claim. Explanations appreciated.

10. Yes it is an aftermarket change, standard is 40 tooth on the rear. It improves drivability and pick up out of corners at the expense of slightly higher revs for any given speed. I can't imagine it would affect any warranty claim as long as it was fitted properly. If you have just got the bike I wouldn't worry about it, they are not exactly slouches as standard. I waited until I was changing the chain and sprockets anyway before swopping to the 42T.

11. In for a change of chain and sprocket too at 13000 miles.
    Non OM possibilities I gather are: Chain 530/110 - DID heavy duty (ZVM) favoured by several, 42 rear sprocket (to replace OM 40) and 15 front sprocket- Supersprox favoured again. Are these details correct? Just need to have availability and easy supplier

12. I read somewhere 106 std length and 108 for 42t gets you at the same std ride height.

So find out std length and add 2 links at a guess

13. My 2014 PP was 108 standard and that is what I stayed with.

14. Too early to say anything about life compared to genuine Ducati parts but fit & finish is absolutely fine.
    Mine are fitted to a single spark - if it's for a DVT everything I have read suggests it is an even bigger improvement (when I rode one I found it a bit lethargic at low revs in comparison compared to mine so it probably helps quite a lot).

Trust me the standard chain is 108 links so a 110 link chain is better if you go to 42T :wink:

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Standard chain is absolutely fine with with a 42t sprocket, fuss fuss fuss !
    Ride height difference is barely anything
    Just fit the 42t & feel the transformation from what is already a brilliant bike to something quite sublime !

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Am sure 108 link is absolutely fine , however if you are changing the chain anyway it logically makes sense to try and keep your wheel base as close to standard as possible.
    Admittedly the difference is probably the square root of fuck all , however to satisfy the internal psychologist is priceless :)

17. It's not. It's about in inch in the seat height different with 42t and std chain

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hi, please excuse my ignorance; is the ride height higher or lower with the 42t (I'm assuming higher)?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information