1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748 Shock Options

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by steve92, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Hi all, I'm looking to replace the shock in my 748 for a fresh looking and better working one. Secondhand good condition ones seem hard enough to find. Was thinking of a new nitron but at over £400 I'm not sure I want to spend that much. Maybe some of you have a secondhand one for sale?

2. To be honest mate £400 for a brand new nitron is a cracking deal!! you can buy an ohlins for about £200 then you should get it serviced that's £150 so you not far off a brand new one!! or you could keep your original shock and get that serviced and revalved. I've just bought a new nitron for my track bike the nitron r3 and it's great!!

3. Hyperpro or Nitron are both decent enough makes of Shock Absorber. If you want more expensive then there is Maxton who will custom build you a shock to your own requirements as will Reactive Suspension who will build custom units using Penske or White Power.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. There is an ebay seller in Italy (near Bologna) who sells new Showas for £140, I just bough new Showa shocks from him for my 999 and 748 and a new set of TiN forks for the 748 (forks were only £440). Shop name is Piricambi, he ships immediately and they only took 3 days to arrive, free postage too. Seems that the rebuild cost for a Showa starts at £150 and £200 is common. If you can, get a new one, you may need to email him for a 748 shock as he did not post them on ebay except when I asked him directly

• Like Like x 1
  5. Another very good shock for your money is Wilber's, got one on my Monster 1100 Evo, pretty damn awesome.
    Wilbers Suspension UK

6. Used ohins rear shock for these bikes appear to be in short supply at the moment, resulting ludicrous prices fro the few that do pop up.
    I watched a completely battered and horrible example go on ebay lat week for £200 inc postage.
    If nice ones are twice that i'd be sticking to the showa or looking elsewhere.

7. Thanks for the replies. Denzil I messaged that seller but he must of sold out of the shocks. I've just went and bought a new set of tin forks off him.! Wasn't planning on going this far..lol going to order a nitron in a week or two.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Another vote here for Nitron: I have one on my 996 and it's performed great on road and track. I made the mistake of getting the blue spring, which looks wrong. You can spec a black one for no extra cost from memory...

9. I've the nitron ordered. Can anyone advise on a base setting for the forks..?

• Like Like x 1
  10. @PGP might be able to advise?

Paul set up mine for me - he renovated my front forks with a kit, and from memory he took out the bottom stopper to increase the range of motion. You might want to give him a call @ PG Performance to discuss - he knows these bikes very well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information