1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748r 2002 Seat Pad

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Messer, Nov 19, 2016.

1. There is a very small rear in the seat of my 2002 R, which is a part no longer available from Ducati - the earlier model is available, but is a grey colour on the 02 model.

Anyone know anywhere that can recover mine in the correct grey or have a lead on where I might find a replacement?

Thanks

2. Messer, if you want to keep the bike as original, it'll be ebay. I recovered mine with a £40 black leather one off ebay and it is a better material than the grey plastic (which had stained and had gone a bit smooth in the cheek area), the new cover fits well and is good quality leather and stitching. Easy to do, you just need a staple gun. The company do grey leather which they may be able to do a grey custom one. If you are wary of recovering yourself get a damaged seat of ebay and try it on that then wait for a clean oem one to come up on ebay.

3. @NorfolkNgood

May be able to help. Has recovered seats for members here before

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the replies ill do bike check with Ducati on Monday with that part code !

5. I've got a seat pad from an 02 998 in the garage but I think it could be black I'll have a look

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks definitely looks black that one

7. they do come up on ebay so sit tight

8. I have a spare grey Alcantara BIP, if someone needs one.

9. I did have a grey Monoposto seat on my 748, which I have just replaced with a black one. Pic attached shows bike before I replaced seat. Not perfect, but pretty good nick. Let me know if you're interested in this and I can send you a couple of pics....

image.jpeg

10. Thanks. When you say not perfect, what are the defects?

11. There's a lttle nick in the left side... I'll pop down to the garage at the weekend and send a couple of pics. The only reason I swapped it out was I prefer the black.

12. new one is still available from Ducati part no 59510501A

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks, that's the reason I want to change mine it's got a very tiny tear in it. I struggled with my local Ducati dealership then saying it was NLA - I will try again!

14. Sorted now guys thanks they were able to locate it this time so I have one on order.

Cheers

15. whats the price?

16. Was about £98 or there abouts. Also ordered some new rear hub bolts as mine have a bit of corrosion I'll sell my other seat pad on eBay as it's really nice apart from the tiny rip..

17. thanks for that... i can see you getting easily 50 squid or more for that seat

18. Who wants to sell one for £50?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information