1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 748rs Coming Along Like Buses!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Messer, Oct 31, 2016.

1. I've been looking out for a 2002R for a good few months now and missed a couple.

Now I have 2 to chose from and looking for help in deciding what represents best 'value'.

Bike 1 is pristine. 14k miles, 6 previous keepers. Full history, and undergone light restoration by Ducati tech which included loads of new gold bolts, levers, original brake discs, new calipers and pads and bolts, new tyres etc and brand new termis. Bikes done less than 100k miles since this was done it is perfect.

Bike 2 is also pretty much immaculate but not restored. 3 previous keepers, full main dealer history and 6k miles. Totally as left the factory.

There is £1000 difference between the two bikes. Bike 1 is £6k and 2 is £7k.

Which one should I go for, in terms of residuals for the future?

My mind is saying save the £1k as both bikes are identical and immaculate, but the Miles are swaying me to the other..

Help

2. Are you going to ride it? If not save the money, if you are spend the extra imho

3. Gold bolts are not necessarily a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'll probably do less than 500 miles per year

5. Depends if they are the original gold/bronze colour ones

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sorry, bad reflection. Meant genuine Ducati ones like for like replacement with new bolts.. not those horrible gold anodised things.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Has bike 2 had the valve service? That's not a cheap service.

8. Here is bike 1 not the best photos I know, but they certainly give a good indication

IMG_6039.JPG

IMG_6042.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Agreed a sale on 'bike 1' :)

10. Well done, hope you are both going to be very happy together and welcome to the club. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks mate - hopefully it will get more use than my others! ;)

12. Make time, it's immensely rewarding :upyeah:. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Welcome and well done!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks guys

15. Very nice one!

16. Hi Messer, I'm looking for a 748R, how did you get on with "bike 1", is it all working out as you hoped?

17. Actually I bought bike 2! I did a HPI check on bike 1 and found it had been a cat C write off 2 years previously!

Haven't even ridden it yet, it's just tucked away looking extremely pretty.

What are you after? Early or late?

IMG_6237.JPG

IMG_6228.JPG

18. After a late model bike; bought "bike 1" as the log book said it was clear and now having to return the bike to seller who claims he knew nothing about it being cat C.
    Will have to keep looking!

19. Ah so you bought the other one? He put it up on eBay after I backed out..

He seemed genuinely shocked when I told him, as he had bought it from a reputable dealer..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information