1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748rs Refresh

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Android853sp, Oct 4, 2016.

1. That time of year is arriving where discounted labour rates are on offer so now is the time to look at a nut and bolt refresh of my second ex Stuart Easton 2001 748 RS engine. Looking pretty much for the same level of attention as the 853 build so new barrels and HC pistons, head refresh, new valves, new bearings throughout and all the cogs rumbled in ceramic beads. Unsure at this stage if it's a keeper to run in the track bike when the 853 is due for its refresh or offer it up for sale. Got to do something to reclaim the dining room and front bedroom as well so it's either selling off "stuff" or building a proper man cave. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Man cave it is then :)

3. Once you've done me a cracking deal on a slipper obviously [emoji10]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baz at MR is most definitely my preferred builder and they have access to one of the best old school engineering workshops I've seen in a long time, conveniently across the road. My 853 is an outstanding build that had a lot of care put into it, crank was balanced to within 0.1g in 2 planes, got an even 1mm squish and the horizontal and vertical inlet/exhaust valve timings were very closely matched. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sell it to me....

6. I have this ready to go if it is of any interest to you and is much more reasonably priced than the rebuilt RS is going to be. Andy

7. PM me E with pics price and details pls Andy...

8. Hi @Noods, my response to your post should have included this link to another post, http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/748-track-engine.38891/ which has the information. If your build is intended to show the engine cases, they will need some work to make them presentable. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information