1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 749s Asking Price

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by bluey, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Some of you here will know my bike. What do you think I should be asking for it. Had it up for sale on eBay for a month. Had 'some' interest, you know the type, a couple of cheeky offers and swap requests as well as some genuine interest. It didn't sell, priced at £3500.00 or best offer.

Now I dont want to give it away but do you think my asking price is about right, or not?

I'm loving the bike (a bit of a love/hate relationship) but really fancy something more powerful again.

2. That isn't an 'S' and it has a shitty paint job. :)

3. Very true, but it's a lot lower miles and should come with a 3 month warranty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. looks v tidy, good paint job ( whats in a name ), black swing arm, but grey frame ( ? ) and not s .

5. Don't think the point of the thread was to discuss that eBay bike, was just an example.

6. My post is also just an example to show that bike is cheap from a dealer but could have non original fairings etc, so lower price compared to the asking price for bluey's one which probably has original fairings.

7. Moto Rapido appear to have sold the 749s that they had and that was up at just under £5k. The Dark they still have is up for £4799. Not knowing the OP's 749s, £3.5k doesn't seem out of the way for a private sale especially as interest in the 749/999 seems to have picked up. Andy

8. Bluey, the market for bikes is at its lowest Oct-Dec which means the buyer has the upper hand and right now is not a good time to sell. If you can wait, put it up again in April (a week before Easter). BTW last Nov I bought my 999 with only 6700 miles on it for £3900, same bike would have been £4500 just 5 months later when people were lookingfor them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. It looks like someone has just had it painted to replicate this - it was an official Ducati Scheme on the USA 999S

Ducati%20999%20Team%20USA%20Limited%20Edition.jpg

10. When I was looking for a 749 earlier in the year, most facelift 's's were just under £5k. Earlier ones were about a grand less. I came across a 2007 Mono S with two long term owners, only 8000 miles, with a wedge of dealer history with yearly stamps whether it needed a service or not and although it was a Cat D, it can only be described as mint. As it was a "forever" bike purchase, I am not concerned about the cat D bit, especially as it runs and looks like new. I paid £3500 for it, so I am assuming yours is a bit older, I would say you are bang on the money.
    If I were you, I'd look to readvertising it in April/May next year, at £3900 or something, as prices are always going to be lower at this time of year.
    HTH
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sold my 2004 s in March with 30,000 miles for £2800. That was the going rate then. Think you will be lucky to get anywhere near £3500 especially at this time of year.

12. Back in May I bought this mint 06 749S with 13k miles, full duc service history, Termis , Gilles Rearsets and loads of carbon bling for £4K. I feel I got a great deal even though belts needed doing (if you follow the 2 year religion). I'd say it's worth nearer £5k on a good day.
    image.png

• Like Like x 3
  13. OK, Thanks all, some good info there for me to ponder over. So in conclusion, 3.5k may be too much for this time of year, shame as the bike is worth that and some I reckon. I'll improve my advert and try once more and if I get no joy I'll wait until spring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. That is the very bike that got my juices flowing for a 749! By the time I had made my mind up it was gone!
    Love the gold wheels, perfect shade!
    I still have a photo on my phone to compare golds whenever I decide to get mine done. Would you say it was close to the 'speedline' gold in real life?
    Enjoy!
    Cheees
    Dave

15. Wow small world! I actually missed this bike too a couple of years ago when a forum member was selling it. When I saw it for sale earlier this year again I recognised it straight away with those gold wheels. Having remembered it I contacted the previous owner on here and got all the necessary un bias information on it including the price he sold it to the chap I bought it from! The wheels are an exact match to the speed line gold. They were painted by Pro Twins (or they had them painted) I have the receipt for them, cost £200. The picture doesn't really do them justice to be honest.

16. Thanks for that, small world indeed! I was hoping it would be a match, since that is the only shade of gold my local powdercoater uses! Stunning bike , with just the right amount of upgrades imho.
    Cheers
    Dave
    (And sorry to hijack thread!)

17. No worries

Do Not Sell My Personal Information