1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750ssie

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by silver fox, Mar 20, 2017.

1. bike running fine Thursday afternoon, Friday morning turning over fine but no start ,no spark , head scratching.?

2. Have you checked both plugs for spark? I had water in the plug of my crank position sensor last week, giving me bad running issues. Crank position sensors can fail, leads, coils, ecu are all things that could cause this. Is it cranking fine?

3. My view is they're very sensitive to battery condition. Even if turning over happily enough, may still not have enough power required to start. Is battery the one you've had on an Optimate over winter? If so, put it on a car charger for an hour to boost it, I suspect it will start straight after. If you have the same issue again, its new battery time.

4. Injection relay.. Check for pump priming. It supplies 12V to pump, coils and injectors. Lives on LHS of battery tray

5. Could it be something as simple as kill-switch or side-stand down. Will it start if you pull the clutch in??

As others say, sometimes there's not enough oomph for both starting system and ignition system as well.

6. thanks all ,fitted new yuasa battery pulled a few multiplugs apart and cleaned them opened up the kill switch seemed fine, no side stand switch or clutch switch fitted (Friday afternoon in Italy presumably just like home) any way all smiles now. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information