1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

796 Hyper Belt Change

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by 6668mark, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Hi all as I've just bought a 2010 796 which I was told has not been used for 18 months.i have found after taking it for it mot today which it passed my mate at the testing station shoes me it was last tax 2014.any how I've changed the chain to a d.i.d gold chain plan on oil and filter change next.but speaking to a mate today he's heard if a duc has not been used for a while the belts should be changed,is this correct the bike has only 5100 miles on the clock.all help most appreciated.

2. The belt change is required every 2 years or every (i think) 7,500 miles.

3. Belts are every 15,000 miles or 2 years, whichever comes first.

4. Rich at louigi says 12k (not starting an argument) but more to state that your belts are probably ok....

5. It's probably as well to do a belt change sometime soon for your own peace of mind but lots of people keep their belts for well over the two years and they're just fine.
    A Fiesta is supposed to have a belt change at 100,000 miles plus and it has to act against 4 valve springs!
    Get your belts from @Exige on here for a good price.

6. Yes - ive heard the exact fit ones from exige are good (watched a video of them bouncing a land rover on them or something like that)...its what ill be going for next....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cheers for the info,I had thought about using exige for the belts but the lad I used only uses genuine Ducati parts. I paid £260 for belts done and a service.its funny he told me that Ducati recommend 2yrs in the British climate but he told me the belts are made in Scotland then shipped to Ducati to be packed then sold.

8. 'Ducati' belts are made by (multinational) Gates in the U.K. then sent to Italy to be sent back to the UK at a hugely inflated price.
    I haven't actually checked this but thanks to parent company VAG, I suspect printing "Ducati" on the belts doubles the price compared to anything equivalent with "Gates" printed on it.
    Red ink must be very expensive...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ours have red ink too :D wonder why some people refuse to use premium belts when they use better oils etc :Angelic:

10. Not
    I was going to buy off you,but dude said he wouldn't fit them,he has a good reputation he is independent but did work at a local Ducati dealer for years.thinking of selling bike if any one interested £4500 Ono.

11. Will he only fit Pirelli tyres then or only use Shell oil or petrol?

12. No worries bud, just doing a bit of impromptu advertising - there is an independent that tried to steal the CCW UK business off me who now says the same ;)
    For the record when the CCW belts came out some actually cost more than OEM - they were brought out for another reason (I wonder why - it might be in the name) - then the Ducati Belts went north in price but Chris stayed true to his costs and didn't follow - so now some might see them as a cheaper alternative. Many with fantastic reputations fit our belts - including main dealers in the states. Also our TPS's are fit by many - including Aston Martin works - Chris only markets and sells the best that can be manufactured for our bikes - just for the record.

But more importantly, you just bought it - now you are selling - what happened there! :Wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haha I no I'm just not keen on it,I love the look of it too.but spending more time on my mtb plus child number 3 due in September my time will be limited.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information