1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP 821/939 Exhaust Compatibility

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Cottonbreath, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    Anyone know if 821 exhausts fit the 939SP or not? Just the slip ons/link pipe, not headers.
    Tar
    R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Don't know as a fact but it looks like it would be possible.

3. I don't see theres that much difference - Ill ask the dealership when Im getting 1st service done...

4. Think it will fit, but my dealership said they had a 939 in with a 821 pipe on it and it was running rough,think you would be better of sticking to a purpose made one, they are out there chap, but might still wouldn't hurt asking your dealership to double check, have you looked on eBay 939 slip ons are there

5. The standard exhausts are different, so I'd expect the aftermarket options to be different too.

6. The Akrapovic part numbers for their Ti headers are the same across the 821 and 939 engines. The only difference seems to be the can which is different (presumably either in angle or bracket fitment) between the 2 models.

Hope this helps!

7. Hi, yes, a dealer has confirmed the can for the 939 is different to the 821 - akra headers the same as you say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. It could be because they plan to use the slip on for the 939 in combination with a kat in order to make it also an option legal for the street. However currently there is no such kat then no legal version available

9. My dealer said the 939 exhaust is larger only to meet Euro 4 noise regs. I changed it to a lightly used 821 muffler for $125. I am happy with the smaller muffler and more sound. Also unhooked the exhaust valve.
    Exact replacement and runs exactly the same for me.

10. Mmmm my dealer says the exhausts are not interchangeable. I'm not feeling the high level pipe so will have a look elsewhere.

11. Well...regarding the OEM mounting for the OEM exhaust I can assure you my dealer is correct since I now have installed an 821 OEM muffler on my 939.
    At my request my dealer called the area Ducati Factory tech who said the only 939 muffler change is to make it Euro 4 compliant for noise.
    Mine is a USA bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Do you have a picture?

13. Here is a picture of the 821 OEM muffler on my 939 SP. The 821 and 939 attach exactly the same. The only difference is the 939 OEM muffler is about five inches longer from the mounting bolt back.
    My wife has an 2015 821 Hyperstrada so I was able to confirm the exact fit prior to buying a used 821 OEM slip on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. After having a chat with Todcp - went ahead and bought an unused 821 SP exhaust of ebay for £130. Really cleans up the rear of the bike. Sounds just as good if not slightly better. Done 120 miles and experienced no fueling or power delivery issues. Couple of nice pops still on overrun.

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information