1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Engine Cut Out Issues!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Curtis Reid, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Hi All,

Have an annoying problem each morning when riding out, I use my bike daily for commuting etc, and when getting her out of the garage I start her up for a few mins as I roll her out and get ready with gear etc before pulling off. Within a minute or so there is a slight hesitation around 3k revs when accelerating, when coming up to a junction, slowing down, clutch in, hand off the throttle the revs die out and she stalls. She will start back up immediately and rev fine, pull off and repeat for about maybe 5 minutes then it seems she has "warmed" or "powered" up and then the problem disappears. I ride the rest of the way to work no problems, only about 6 miles or so, she will sit on the car park for the 8 hours, when riding home I don't have the problem at all. Next morning after sitting from about 5pm till 8am same thing again.

I have the Motobatt MBT12B4 battery installed, have fully charged it, same issue. Put the battery in that came with the bike, fully charged same issue. With ignition on the battery is showing anywhere between 12.3-12.7v and when idling its 14.2-14.5v.
    The only "mods" I have done were install a K&N oil filter, air filter and Arrow titanium slip-ons installed about 6 months ago, have done many miles since then with no problems. I did have a usb charger installed, but have removed that, and I also have a tracker and alarm fitted but they were installed in June 2015 just after I brought it.

This issue reared it's ugly head about 2-3 weeks ago now.

Any suggestions?

2. If you haven't done. I think you will need to reset the TPS.

3. Ahh, I haven't done this. Had a quick look around is it the DucatiDiag software to do this or has it been replaced? Can't find any information after 2014 on it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. That cable should work but may not. You need one that uses the FTDI drivers. You will also need the OBD to Fiat adaptor cable. They are both available from Lonelec

5. Thanks again Derek, just ordered that cable now, got the JPDiag software, so fingers crossed this sorts my issue, will update as necessary.

6. MPPS is a multi-vehicle ECU reflasher. It won't work with JPDiag but it will connect to your IAW5AM ECU and allow you to download your map in .bin format.

7. I just get the odd English word then the rest is foreign or something.:)

8. An update, managed to get the Lonelec cables and they worked fine, tried JPDiag and it made it worse if anything, tried TuneECU and followed the instructions to reset the TPS and voila, my bike is back to normal, been using it for 3 days solid now and no issues of snatchiness or hesitation during acceleration. Thanks for all the advice people!

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information