1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 Track Day Crash Protection

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by volatilefreak, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Hi All,
    I'm shaping up to do my first track day soon (and probably quite a few more to follow) and want some protection in case of a slide. I think fork protectors are a given but don't know whether to go for a race/replacement fairing + underbody frame sliders or the aero crash bungs and drill the fairings :O.

For replacement fairings, I've seen some painted ones at extremefairings.co.uk or Ricambi weiss seem pretty popular + there's some Chinese import stuff on ebay that I'm dubious about. Has anyone got opinions on them?

Anyone out there with some recommendations? I don't want to go too mental on costs but would like a sensible level of protection.

Cheers,
    Shane.

2. would be good to know..

3. i wouldnt drill the original fairings mate there mental money from ducati,just get some track fairings and drill them if you want, but on the other hand some people just use the race fairings and no crash bobbins as some times in a slide they can dig in and actually flip the bike causing more damage other than letting it slide on just the one side. i use just race fairings on my track bike.

4. Thanks for the advice cookster. I met up with Bob (comesunt) over the weekend and am buying some of his track bits. Decided to go for replacement fairings and under-fairing crash bungs in the end (+ a few other bits he had lying around).

Now to book the track day :).

5. cool mate, your love it, let me know i might join you.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information