1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 - Tyres... What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by aaron0288, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Googling it, people only seem to do it on the more powerful bikes to get a wider contact for accelerating. Quite a few raving about the switch the other way to our standard tyre size improving the turning. On the pic I found googling below, the 190/55 seems to have a flatter profile. I also found a load of comments saying the Pirelli 180 was actually 190 anyway, but haven't checked mine... image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Interesting. Thanks for that Jolley. From that graph, which is showing the 180/55, 190/55 will be very flat. Think I'll stick with 180/60.

If the Pirelli is indeed 190 and not 180, going with the Michelin or Dunlop will mean a taller profile which will suit me. I've found the 899 to drop in to corners lovely to a certain point, then it feels as if it doesn't want to go any further and you really have to force it. I wonder if this is to do with the Pirelli being 190 instead of 180? Of course it doesn't help either that mines a little bit squared off.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information