1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9.5 Springs - Who Is Using Them?

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Bullitt, Jun 23, 2016.

1. I have the Ohlins FG353s on my project 1198SP and starting to look at setting up the suspension.

Is anyone using this spring (I'm about 95kgs inc gear) and understand this is a good setup for the fork, albeit for the Desmo. I do appreciate the Desmo has a much stiffer frame, teeth rattling stiff!!

That said, if you are using these and roughly the same weight, what settings are you using on Rebound/Comp/Pre-load?

Standard on the Desmo is, Compression H/S spd: Top/Bottom 10 clicks (20 total), Rebound is 12.

Many thanks in advance

2. Hi @Bullitt ,
    As you may remember, I have FG353's on my 1098R.
    I had them re-sprung for my weight (approx 70kg in my kit...) by JHP .
    I believe they put 9.0kg/mm springs in mine.

When I get home I will check and also let you know the damping settings that I am running (slightly amended from JHP baseline recommendations).

Is the SP all finished now?
    You need to post final completion pictures or it never happened!

R

3. Hi Ricky,

Many thanks - I do remember and your info would be great.

Project still ongoing, but very very slow. The bike is fully back together now, just have some final tweaking to do. Bodywork is being painted at the start of the month, but due to work commitments, I'll not be able to collect for at least 4 weeks. Main issue has been getting some of the more specilaised parts and the fact I'm doing this myself. No easy task, but really enjoying it.

Still getting there, just very slowly. I'll update the thread when I get a day or so.

4. Front
    Slow Comp: -12
    Fast Comp: -12
    Rebound: -14
    Preload: 5mm
    Static Sag: 29.5mm

Rear
    Comp : -12
    Rebound : -14
    Preload:18mm
    Static Sag: 12mm
    Ducati Tool Measurement H 228mm

• Like Like x 1
  5. Excellent Ricky, Many thanks indeed.

I'll use that as a base line and start tweaking. My track season should start in the next few months.

Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information