1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900 Ss Fork Seal/ Rear Brake

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chizel, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Yeah but anyone who let's their bikes forks get surface rust isn't looking after the bike so will get problems! If the fork sliders are kept clean and oiled lightly regularly that situation won't arise,
    Gravy(bisto, ahhh!!!!!) would be better than neglect as it forms a thick s... Emmmm!!!!

2. there is no rust on my fork legs! I probably wouldn't have bought it if the was and I wouldn't let it happen!
    there is a couple of tiny indentations or blemishes just below the seal which may have been inflicted by a stone but it's not chipped the coating.
    If it wasn't for the fact it is leaking i would have never noticed em and if I did I wouldn't have thought they would have resulted in a leak but the tester thinks them the cause and as it was supposed to have had new forks seals done when I bought it ( or did they? This is an old ish bike that had been store for a few years)
    he may be right.. But no rust or pitting at all.

3. Fork seal tool for £6 as I mentioned before. Might not work but worth a go. You are welcome to borrow mine of you like.

Rear pads, just swap them round :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information