1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900 Superlight - Sourcing Parts ?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Mr-Superlight, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Wondering where might be the best source of parts that are not available from Ducati ?
    Thinking specifically of those that were specific to a model with particular short-run such as version of the Superlight like mine ?
    I need 1 or 2 that my searching has showed to be discontinued - I used the Stein-Dinse website to find a) if they stocked them and b) the part numbers.
    1 part I just 'lost' - fell out on a 'shakedown' run, is the bolt that attaches the under slung rear caliper to the bracket (I've a MKIV SL). It is kind of like a threaded rod with a bulge in the middle that has spanner flats on it IIRC. Most other SS models (maybe some SLs too) didn't have this, using a locating on I think.

Any dealers good for holding stock of discontinued items or a case of searching Ebay etc

Andy

#1 Mr-Superlight, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  2. Do you mean the 'bolt' that attaches the caliper to the torque arm? If so, I'll probably have the corresponding item from my Mk V, and could possibly knock up a replica, if it helps (I would assume they're going to be the same)

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

3. Hi,
    Yes, that's the very thing - it seems to be termed a 'pin' on the Stein-Dinse parts diagram but I think bolt is a more appropriate term. I now don't have one to look at myself but it is the bolt attaching the torque arm (the rose-joint at the rear of the arm/rod) to the caliper bracket. Prob 8 or 10mm diameter, threads into the bracket then the rose-joint fits over it and a nut (nylock ?) secures it. Not sure now if I left it done up loose or what happened but it's bounced off down the road.
    I'll be needing the rose-joint too (easy enough to source) as that got scraped as the rod scraped along the road for a while until I realised what had happened and stopped to temporarily secure the whole lot before returning slowly for home.

Andy

4. I'll try and dig mine out tomorrow (still got floating caliper, but different torque arm arrangement now) and have a look.

5. Brilliant - thanks for offering to help out.

Andy

6. PM sent

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information