1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Front Fairing Bracket Wanted

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Mark9, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Hello, does anyone have a 900ss carby front fairing support bracket , (I guess the 600 & 750 are the same), mine has fractured, I could weld it but if anyone has one for sale it's an easier fix , thanks Mark.

2. Hi Mark,
    I have one in the garage, let me dig it out, I'll post an image or two then you can decide if you want it or no.
    Wayne

3. Mark, my apologies, I remembered it needed paint but had clearly forgotten it was also damaged, there is a stress fracture adjacent to the weld (circled) it's yours if you want to cover the postage, but I can't imagine what you might need with another knackered one. From memory these are chrome/moly tube and need care with welding.
    Wayne.
    IMG_2448.JPG

4. Actually it's a lot better than mine that has completely broken through on both sides, a mate of mine has a good TIG setup so yes I'll have it please, I'll PM you, cheers Mark

5. Its a common weak point I have a few of these, in different conditions. Any issues let me know.
    Ian

6. PM sent Wayne, cheers.

7. I just got a NOS one from Neil at cornerspeed, went for a clutch slave cylinder seal and came out with that!, very reasonable price!, he also has 750ss side panels and a few other NOS bits if anyone's interested, thanks for the kind offers though gents, Wayne, another PM sent, sorry if I messed you about btw, cheers Mark.

8. Mark, no worries, glad you got it sorted.

9. The cracking at that point is the common failure where they all seem to go. I successfully repaired mine by making an insert to go inside the tube from a piece of steel bar, and then brazing the joint.

That was at least 25 years ago, and 30,000 miles back, and the repair is still going strong.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information