1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996sps Eprom

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Ash34, Mar 6, 2017.

1. There's an EPROM on the bay for the SPS mapped by JHP for open pipes.

Could this give me better performance than the one that's on the bike which was installed by Baines around 8 years ago?

There's a PC3 on the bike too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I would imagine the PC3 is overriding anything on the eprom anyway, as it normally piggybacks and fools the ecu so fuelling can be better

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. The PC3 would have been quite a new model then and has since been superseded for some models.

As mentioned the PC3 totally overides anything you have in the ECU, and I have tested this just to make sure, you could probably even run with a dead Eprom!! and the bike would respond.

Your best bet is to get the fuelling set up by someone like CJS who can map individual cylinders and also set a rev limit onto the ECU chip.

The PC3 has very limited tuneability and fuelling can normally only be revised in 1,000 rpm steps. It's quite old technology now and they were sometimes not much of an improvement over having a decent chip made up at time. You can however have individual setups for each cylinder and CJS used to do this before they invested heavily in their own rolling road tuning setup.

It's highly likely that a good Eprom setup would release more power than either of the other two options would do.

4. Thanks guys. Who are CJS? I'm guessing they are UK based when my bike is in Hungary, so I can't take that option at the moment.

@Red998 are you saying there is no rev limiter as standard? I've been revving to about 11K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. CJS Is in Bristol and there is a Pub with accommodation literally up the road from their premises so staying over and leaving your bike for next day collection is not impossible.

I did that when I had mine done.

CJS RACING Ducati Cylinder Heads Tuning Gas Flow Dyno ECU Custom Mapping Bristol Bath

CJS can set a rev limit that is safer and more reliable than the one Ducati use on their Eprom. It's very easy to over rev the bike just using the stock rev limiter. My 748R based bike was going to 12,500rpm which can be quite destructive and therefore I had mine set at 11,500rpm by CJS to keep the engine safe.

6. You can entirely remove the limiter. Maybe not a good idea tho ;)

7. cjs are top draw done a few bikes for me now.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information