1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999 Biposto Shock

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Steve Fry, Jan 3, 2017.

1. hi people,
    I have a 2003 999 Biposto which has a scabby Spring. Two options: remove Spring and recoat or replace with mint Sachs (gold reservoir) one, which I have seen for a decent price
    I have the silver reservoir (Showa?) yellow Spring.

2. tbh i would think that is a no brainer..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can you enlighten me please I am brainless!
    I am clueless when it comes to suspension, I don't mind asking for advice on things I don't know, you gotta learn somehow.

4. Showa should be better quality to Sachs, which were fitted to dark models and 749 base. Showa were fitted to 999 base and 749S.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could I swap the springs over?

6. Don't know. I wouldn't. If you're going to just change spring I would get new aftermarket spring matched to your weight.

7. I'm going to sell the bike. Just changing the spring as it has some minor corrosion on it, ruins the look of an other wise stunning bike. I think I'll just have the spring re-done. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the advice

8. nice bike,, GLWS

9. I bought a new Showa shock for my 999 for £140 here, rear shock absorber showa ducati 749 999 new and original | eBay Never seen them that cheap anywhere and much less expensive than a refurb. I can vouch for the shipping speed and quality for this seller and highly recommend him (also got Showa shock and TiN forks for my 748)

10. Got a new Showa original for the 999 from the same place. as Denzil. Couldnt re-furb the old one for that much.

11. Me too brand new 140....rebuild 140+ postage without re painting etc parts etc. . Free postage from Italy.. Boom indeed..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information