1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 28, 2016.

1. So, winter is on the horizon, the 999 needs a refurbishment and I need something to keep me out of mischief. I'm not aiming for museum tidy as I still want to use her and don't know what I'm doing.

Plans are nothing major or special:
    Paint/powder coat wheels (not decided which or colour), both are chipped, front is white which is really really dumb.
    New tyres front/rear.
    Replacement swing arm and adjusters as these grazed (already sourced but need tidy/touch up).
    Decat exhaust and Mivv decat link pipe.
    Polish other visible pipes.
    New number plate (smaller).
    Possibly flush mount front indicator (not sure on this at all).
    Oberon bar end mirrors if buy above mirror blank indicators.
    Probably fit Ohlins steering damper (nicked off SRAD, just need bracket)
    New seat (rip in current, NOS already bought).
    Possibly Samco kit (funds).
    Possibly slipper clutch (funds).
    Deep deep deep clean.
    Various powder coating.
    Various carbon fibre.
    Somehow remove pilion seat (either a cowl or single seat unit over BP subframe or single seat unit with cut down subframe.
    Replace tank with one already sourced as current has dent.
    Full respray but really really really can decide on yellow, red or white and to how original or bespoke to make it.
    Check valves.
    Possibly new levers.

Think that's it, for now.

I'm aiming to do everything apart from powder coating myself. Wish me luck.......

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have some odds and sods lying around in the garage somewhere if any of it is any good to you it's yours, I need to check exactly what there is first !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. How kind, thanks.

4. Good luck :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Rear lights route[​IMG]

6. Dent out of tank. Tank.jpg

7. Ah, so it was a rare yellow one :)
    Was the log book ever changed?

8. Yes, by me when I got it, changed it from yellow to grey, will be changing it back around March.......

9. Good plan. I think the early model / grey frame looks best in yellow. Bloomin' gorgeous...! :sunglasses: Look forward to seeing it.

cheers,
    Dom

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Ah, it'll show a colour change when checked in future in its history which is a shame, unless you keep it forever :)

11. 1 down, 4 to go......
    IMAG0876.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. looks like you got a method.

13. Yep, 5 anchor bolts from ScrewFix for £4.99, 36mm socket and the old bracket from the SKY dish. Job done. For once a job was easier than expected!

• Like Like x 1
  14. bet your TV signal is shit now tho !!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. i have a box of dishes and dish arms on my van if you want to go into production with your bush removal tool !!!!! .......be putting Snap On out if business ! ........:tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 1
  16. All looking good @Cream_Revenge

Be good to see the old girl in the Spring all spruced up like new :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok, this ain't funny. Took front wheel our, went to undo brake disc bolts and one was particularly lose. Looks like I'll need the wheel repairing.
    IMAG0878.jpg [​IMG]

18. Helicoil it :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Is that genuine or joke?

I'm going to take it to a professional, even I'm drawing the line at bodging front brake discs!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Helicoil will be fine. There is no tension on the bolt apart from the torque of the bolt itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information