1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 28, 2016.

1. I miss the days of doing the 748 with packages of stuff turning up a couple of times a week for ages. Some big, some small, some worth alot some not but it was like a year long Christmas. Alot of the time I had forgot what I had ordered and when it was due so it was nearly always a surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gotta be one of the best bits of bike ownership, gettin shiny stuff..

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. You're not wrong there. Bloody double edged sword if you ask me. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Is much easier bolting on new bits than fixing old.

5. And here is a repaired front hugger.

Plastex is a lot like Q-bond, but smoother.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Back to rubbing down, again, tomorrow.

My dad thinks it's highly amusing I'm trying to paint with rattle cans in a wooden garage in February.

6. That's the shittiest picture of a new bling part I have ever seen :Facepalm:

:Writing: shit picture...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ah, but it's to make it interesting....."oh, what could it be.....?" See? Building the dama!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Didn't work eh? Just a shit picture and no one is interested :Mooning:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 2
  9. Desperate to know ain't ya!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nope, tell us next Wednesday :upyeah: that will be fine :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Murder room up to cut down on spray dust. Goes bloody everywhere.
    [​IMG]

12. no disrespect, but I agree with ya dad!

• Like Like x 1
  13. unfortunately without an extractor the overspray goes nowhere but back on the piece you just got looking good!

14. Good news bad news day. Good news, front V piece fitted, rear hugger going on later tonight hopefully. Bad news, found some oily liquid a day or 3 back on the front tyre, right at the bottom only, where the tyre meets the rim. Couldn't figure what it was. Assumed it may have been some brake fluid from where the reservoir cap was off. Turns out, leaking front right fork seal. So, up she goes on the straps hanging from the roof, wheel out, and a good going over with "seal mate". Looks fixed but time will tell. Gord knows how it started to leak when it's not turned a wheel since October. Pumped front forks with front brake on with front brakes not attached to bike. DOPE!

15. Back end back together with painted hugger and new sprocket cover.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I know SA colour won't be to everyone taste but I think matching the DA and adjusters looks loads better. And it's my bike so I don't care.

All I really need to do know is the tank and plastic. And to buy a couple of bits and a map but I'm broke and want to book on the Ducati track day.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Think the swing arm looks good - pains me to say it really, so: nice shed :Angelic:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you. I think......

18. I tried to get the colour close to the frame, SA and adjusters, its somewhere in the middle of all 3.

The miss colour adjusters look awful IMO.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information