1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Loving the Vtrec levers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2. 102 static for a twin at most UK tracks

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Re ; fancy racing fuel cap, I had one of these and it did the same thing. ~after some trial and error I realised you need to lift the large round washer from the original cap where it seats into the tank and place it on the new one. After that its never been a problem. J

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks, I've sold it to @Sev.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Love this thread, BUT.....what kind of clearcoat are you using. Petrol shouldn't damage a good 2k lacquer

6. 1k upol. It's not hardened properly either.

Bought a compressor today.......

7. To be honest I'm bored to feck with all this painting lark. Trying to do the 996 single seat and losing will to live.

Took air filters out of 999 to check/clean today and front nose cone hit the deck and broke. Repairing but not perfect repair. The mirror blank indicator and screen screws have also pulled into the clear coat.

Also noticed more petrol damage on tank so tank needs a full respray.

I'm very close to giving up on this painting game......

Let's see how the compressor does.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Get some 2pack lacquer on it, try and do it on a warm low humidity day. You dont want it blooming to add to your problems......be careful it's dodgy stuff

• Like Like x 2
  9. More goodies.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Ooh - nice :upyeah:

I just 'bought' an MOT for mine...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Booked in for Chris at CJS and Luigi Moto to do throttle body balance and custom tune 31st May. so that should b the £££ finished for a bit......

• Like Like x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  12. That's worth every penny - I had my 999s tuned by Chris two years ago and it pulled stronger from lower down and also felt smoother... be interesting to see what sort of difference you notice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Good price on the Filters ???

14. carbon conquest did a discount code. And I got the slipper too so only had one lot of postage to pay.

15. They do pipercross filters?
    Didn't know that...
    Any idea what the filters worked out at?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Fitted the slipper at lunch.

Crap camera and lighting doesn't do it justice.

Fitted pipercross filters last weekend.

All ready for a Sunday fun day :)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  17. Tested the slipper. She slippery alright. Went hard down box coming off dual carriageway. Normally would have smashed revs through roof and smashed me nuts but was so smooth! A little grabby and bite point a little to close to handle bars but I'll play with the stack heights. Quite a bit louder than old OEM clutch bit that had quiet clutch mod. I may but a new set of alloy clutch plates.....

Pipercross seems to give the bike a bit more ROAR too.

Can't wait for Chris@CJS to do his magic :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I was going to ask you about the Pipercross filters...

19. Maybe my imagination but I think it's changed the bikes tone to a deeper howl. But maybe in my mind. I'm also still getting used to decat exhaust system.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information