1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 A Clever 996r Conversion

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Blink., Jan 31, 2017.

1. My Bike is a 996 SPS and was first owned buy a "city boy" for six months with loads of money .
    He only did 600 miles on it and he loved to decorated it with expensive carbon fiber as it was the trend at time in 2000.
    The trend then was to make it look like a 996R.
    He had the bottom fairing modified to be the same as a 996 R belly pan with carbon over the exhaust. Beautify done, but not to my taste. I have bought two new lower fairings to replace them and return it to standard.If I was to sell the two modified lower fairings and belly pan on Ebay what do you guys think it would be worth?
    many thanks. Blink.

s-l1600-2 2.jpg

s-l1600 copy.jpg

2. Hmmm, let me think.........£3k, but I'll do you a favour and give you £4k for it. :Angelic:

3. He's only selling the fairing lowers - I think you have offered too much personally :Hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. No, I really want those fairings. :Hungry:

You're not going to gazump me with Wotsits, are you?

I have to admit, I only read the bottom line of "What do you think it's worth" and looked at the pictures. My poor attention span has cost me thousands again, Bugga. I can't be reading posts with more than 3 lines.........Ooooopppppsss. :) My stalker caught me out again. :D I'm sure I can make a sellotape holder from them or somthing......

5. Ah, clawing back your losses buy copying my sellotape holder idea huh :mad:

6. Losses? I think £4k is very fair for a pair of lower fairings from a 996 in this post Brexit world with Sterling worth buttons* :greatbritain:

Shucks, EliteSuperDick would probably charge more. I've got a bargain. ;)

*source - duke63

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well for the carbon belly pan Depends on make and condition , I'm looking at buying a new one the weekend so if you can let me know a price and condition I might be interested .

8. Are you sure about removing that belly pan? It keeps the motor away from road muck and stops your headers from getting blasted.

9. Done the same to my 916 back in 2003, casoli moto sold the belly pan and cut the bottom panels to suit, I personally think it looks great, Finishes it of nicely, If I mind correct they charged me £80 cash for mod to panels and think the pan was mid £200's.
    Bike looks nice mate

10. I love mine too , but I had to buy the original Lower Fairings from Ducati for the originality of the bike £600 !!
    I still have not ridden it ! Thanks for looking . Martin.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Out of interest is there many differences in the SPS and R

12. Everything - the 996R was the first bike with the testastretta engine used in the 998 & 999

13. I think it looks better with the c/f bellypan....in my opinion.
    It certainly doesn't detract from the spirit of the original bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeh I knew the R had the testastretta but didn't realise the sps hadn't

Do Not Sell My Personal Information