1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Disappointing End To The Season For Pramac

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Final outing for team mates Hernandez and Iannone

It was a cursed race a Valencia for the Pramac Racing Team. Andrea Iannone started perfectly and after leading the group for ten laps he ended unlucky in twenty-second position. Yonny Hernandez was forced to retire because of an unusual behavior of the front tire.
    Andrea Iannone was the author of a perfect start conquering the first position. Andrea also completed a series of impressive fast laps, keeping the lead for ten laps. At that point the Italian rider had to give up positions to Marquez, Rossi and Pedrosa due to his pain in the left arm that limited his force during braking and changing direction. Because of the precarious physical condition Andrea went off track, when he got back on track in seventh place after a while it started to rain. Considering the painful arm and the sky that threatened to rain Andrea tried his chance and returned to the garage changing the bike hoping on the one with wet tires. But it did not work because the rain stopped falling and Andrea ended the Grand Prix in twenty-second position. Never as in this case, the result does not reflect the performance. Andrea fought like a lion and made us dream of the podium. At this point we can only thank him for the good times spent together and wish him the best for the future.
    A bitter end of season for Yonny Hernandez, who was forced to retire in the Grand Prix of Valencia. Yonny has been protagonist of a good start that allowed him to get to the eighth place in a few laps. Unfortunately on the tenth lap his feeling with the front tire drastically disappeared, forcing him to return to the pits. Yonny is upset because he wanted to end the year with a good race. Tomorrow he will use the GP14.2 to start working for the 2015 season!
    Andrea Iannone
    “I’m sorry I finished the race like this. I started good and I knew I had a good pace and had a good chance to push hard and stay in front. Initially the other riders did ride as fast as they did during practice. I had a good feeling and I was able to push for a third of the race, but by the seventh lap my arm started burning again and I had to slow down a bit for the lack of strength. When it started to rain, I decided to change bike thinking it would had continued to rain but unfortunately it didn’t happen. I’m very happy with my season and I want to thank the Pramac Racing Team for all the work and support they have given me in these two years! “
    Yonny Hernandez (EnergyT.I. Pramac Racing)
    “I’m disappointed that I had to retire. From the beginning I had a good feeling so I was able to push hard and I gained the twelfth position on the first lap and then up to the eighth position. During the third lap I lost the feeling with the front tire, I had the same feeling I had in Brno. At every turn the front tire tucked and seemed to ride on a track full of holes. At that point I decided to do another lap but there was nothing to be done. I’m sorry I closed the final round with a zero. From tomorrow I will have a new bike and I’ll do my best to do better than this year!. “

Read the whole post here.

2. all is not lost however as someone called Petruci on a Pramat Ducati was fastest in the wet practice in Valencia yesterday.:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information